Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Monkey bars wired through and I have a puzzle about the two pin AMP connector off of the throttle harness.

I cant find or remember where this dumb little bugger connects to. HELP!!!:eek:

Also, I had a bastard of a time releasing the pins from this connector and have another set of bars to do this fall. Any help here would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the END under the fairing?
I think so, its a little black plastic two pin AMP connector and I cant find anything to plug it back in to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got a 2010...All the same....Ok, Can't use the pic in the manual..It's a StreetGlide example, but it's very similar. From memory...It should be hanging just under the radio mount. You have your black and grey connectors which are your switch housing wires, and the 1 plug should be right in the middle under the radio or just to the left if you are facing the front of the bike.

I have a loose connection on my volume and track selection, so my nose will be coming off tomorrow...If you still need help, I'll have a PIC of mine for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure do appreciate you getting out the manual for me. Still not finding the little bugger, but I'm sure I get it eventually.....or set it on all on fire! Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still no worky. everything is back together and functional except throttle. Two pin AMP with a black wire, and a white wire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might be for heated grips ....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didn't even think of that...You're right...There's 2 at the end....1 large 1 and a small 1....small one unnecessary for us normal folks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the 11 service manual and just did my bars. That two prong is for heated grips. It doesn't connect to anything.
Thanks Ducflames, I just snipped it all off. I also had to get rid of the green amp connector because the POS broke. I replace the connections with small uninsulated butt splices and put them far enough back that they didn't need to make the first turn in the top of the bars. MUCH easier. I also found that pledge furniture polish is a fantastic lubricant for the job. Talc didnt do enough on these sharp turns, I needed the vaseline and pledge. Thanks you everyone who helped look up the wiring for me!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also found that pledge furniture polish is a fantastic lubricant for the job. Talc didnt do enough on these sharp turns said:
If you are doing this both Home Depot and Lowes sell wiring pulling lubricant that's especially formulated for the job and won't harden or damage the insulation. It's pretty cheap also. You can get it of course at any electrical suppy place also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help!

Ok I'm really new to these forums can anyone tell me how to navigate around? Would love to mention our website sonsofarthritis.com for our shirts but it's a bit cumbersome trying to get around? We have had an enormous amount of orders for all of us old farts! Just really would like to continue to get the word out?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts