Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my new bars all done and back together. My question is i dont feel like i got a fast throttle response like i did.It may just be me but was wondering if anyone has had theis problem? My connector is together but inside the bars.I have the road six apes so i can actually still see the green bastard lol.It looks together and not at all tight in the bar.Any ideas would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
If it was loose it would throw trouble codes and more than likely go into limp mode.
I wrapped my connector with electrical tape before reinstalling.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
There is a throttle relearn procedure you could try. I had a different issue with mine but it worked. Unfortunately i dont remember exactly how to do it. Hopefully someone will chime in or you could ask your dealer

·
Registered
202 Posts
Could it be mechanical. Before you laugh... I know it's throttle by wire. Read on.

Put Wild 1 Chubby on my bike, 2011 FLTRUSE. AFTER all the wires are in the bars, which is damn near impossible when you have heated grips and GPS!!!

Anyway, after that, found out the throttle side is .035" "egg shaped". Talk about pissin' me off!!! Net result is a sensation like it's lost throttle response! The throttle is NOT smooth. Sticking a bit even after trying to take the high side down a bit. Didn't go too far because it will rust.

REALLY hope this is NOT your problem!!!

Gonna ride mine awhile and see if it loosens up a bit.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had problems with mine after installing new bars. Unlike yours, mine actually gave a P1510 trouble code. I did a lot of reading on this, and if I recall correctly there were others that reported "slower" throttle response. I know for mine throttle response was quite a bit slower. I cut the connector out and straight-wired the entire thing from the twist grip sensor down to the connector in the fairing. I left myself another 12"-18" of coiled up slack inside the fairing in case the TGS ever goes bad I can easily pull it, cut it off, wire a new one in, and be done.

After getting rid of the connector my code issue disappeared and throttle response is snappier than when new!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies. i got three codes p1510 p2127 and p2138 all seem to be the green plug.Correct me if anyone thinks i am wrong...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Best way to find out is eliminate the green plug!

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
cut out the green plug when I did mine. Time will tell, but it seems pretty solid to me.... just took my time and did a good solder job w/ heat shrink tubing.

D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts