2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I might have mis-read the post. my fault. The plastic throttle rests will end up stretching and moving on the trhrottle grip. I have the Kuryakyn with their grips and it attaches with screws. love it

·
Registered
587 Posts
I recently picked up a "Go Cruise" for my wife to use on the Heritage Softail. It is simple, inexpensive, and works fairly well. It is not a palm throttle assist like you link, but it does allow somebody to take a breather from twisting the throttle grip. It can even be quickly pull off when not needed.

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had one of the plastic types on my previous bike. I think it was called Cramp Buster. Great for touring on the highway and I never had any issues with it twisting or anything, but it got in the way and bothered me when riding the twisties.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I keep one on my grip at all times. It's several years old and doesn't move on the grip unless I intentionally reposition it. They're available for < $10 under a variety of names...Throttle Rocker is the brand name I'm most familiar with.

The comments are right about them not being handy in twisties. Same for city riding. They're made for the same situations you'd use a cruise control for.

You just have to make sure you position it on the grip right so that you're able to completely roll off the throttle.

Most of them are made for the stock size grips. If you have the fatter grips, make sure the one you get will accomodate the extra diameter.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have cruise and still decided to put the cramp buster on. It was around $10 at hot leathers.

It does get bumped from time to time when I get on and off the bike but so far I really like it.

It allows my palm to control the throttle so my hand can stay in a comfy
Position.

It's cheap and works just as promised.

I say try it.

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts