Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is there that can be done to improve throttle response? I feel that mine does some lagging ............sure does not respond like a carbeurated bike

·
Registered
120 Posts
V&H throttle pak. I have one but haven't tried it yet, maybe April:rolleyes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no mods yet ......but VH pro pipe SE 255 cams SE race tuner and Hi Flo air filter are being done soon !!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no mods yet ......but VH pro pipe SE 255 cams SE race tuner and Hi Flo air filter are being done soon !!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sounds like my setup, and my scoot rocks & rolls. If the throttle response is still slow after that I'd blame the green factory connector on the twist grip sensor. My throttle response is instantaneous, and I feel removing that connector when I did the bars really helped.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm no expert but find it hard to believe that throttle by wire would be as responsive as a mechanical connection subscribed

·
Registered
593 Posts
As stated above, the speed of electric as well as the speed of the computer is quite amazing. If the connection is bad at the TGS green connector it impedes the flow of electric making it slower. Having a good connection that allows good electrical flow makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds like my setup, and my scoot rocks & rolls. If the throttle response is still slow after that I'd blame the green factory connector on the twist grip sensor. My throttle response is instantaneous, and I feel removing that connector when I did the bars really helped.
Can you enlighten me a little. I haven't seen this discussion. What is this green connector? Something optional? TIA!

EZ

·
Registered
51 Posts
+2on the V&H throttle pack. Installed mine about 9 months ago and all the lag was gone. Bought one for my son-in-law and he put it on his Street Glide and same response, all the lag was gone.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
When I owned a 2010 there was throttle lag but didn't bother me enough to warrant the money to fix it. On my 2013 I haven't found any throttle lag, so maybe HD finally figured it out. I prefer to avoid add-on boxes and contraptions that claim to fix an issue when a proper tune in the first place can fix the issue.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
When I owned a 2010 there was throttle lag but didn't bother me enough to warrant the money to fix it. On my 2013 I haven't found any throttle lag, so maybe HD finally figured it out. I prefer to avoid add-on boxes and contraptions that claim to fix an issue when a proper tune in the first place can fix the issue.
In this case, a precise tune can do nothing to compensate for this factor. I thought my throttle response was absolutely perfect. The V & H video is pretty informative. It turns out that my throttle sucked, but ironically not much in the way of a fuel/air mix.

I just hooked up the V & H throttle pack today. It is a crying shame that there is even a NEED for such a product. I was among the greatest of skeptics, even keeping the original packaging and ready to sell it as "almost new with an hour or so on it". Oh MY GOSH the difference is INCREDIBLE! It should come like this from the factory, and HD didn't even make money of the aftermarket upgrade the way they usually do. This product works EXACTLY as advertised and is VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I owned both a 2010 and 2013. Throttle response is IDENTICAL. The only thing HD needs to figure out is how to make money out of some upgrade, as I am certain V & H has a patent on their wonderful creation!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The throttle is designed not to open fully until 3000 rpm, i believe 70% maybe? the throttle pack allows 100% WOT instantly

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 31 Posts