Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 Road Glide after having a Heritage. I'm finding that the throttle is terribly sensitive. Is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity? Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,365 Posts
if it is I have never herd of it , must be your first TBW ..

takes some getting used to .

JtB

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Road Glide after having a Heritage. I'm finding that the throttle is terribly sensitive. Is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity? Thanks!
Yes , it's located up under the rear fender. Turn the sensitivity meter knob to the left for less. :eek:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yes , it's located up under the rear fender. Turn the sensitivity meter knob to the left for less. :eek:
OK, I was going to say it was on the side of the water reservoir for the turn signal switch. :p

If you have a tuner on your bike you can actually change the way your throttle feels in the mapping. I used to feel a lagg in mine and mentioned it to my tuner and he fixed it right up. But I will say that you may just want to get used to it because it sounds like it is working like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It can be adjusted with a tuner, SE, TTS, etc. It's called throttle progressivity. I highly suggest a tuner and a tune even for a stock motor. Shed some heat, and run way better.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Some TBW bikes feel way different than a "cable" (my '09 did, still does to a certain extent), most of the newer TBW bikes that I have ridden feel like a lubed / well adjusted cable.

When coming off of a "cable" bike, some think it's too sensitive, some not enough (me, when I nail it, I want the Throttle Blade to open as quickly as possible:D) and I will put up with the sensitivity), Ride it for a while and see if you can get used to it. Maybe try another TBW bike and see if it is way different than yours? After putting some miles on it, when you have the bike in for service ask the Tech if it feels like it should (I know, one of their standard lines "is they all do that") but if it isn't right there is the throttle blade control adjustment that they should do no charge...

Congrats on the new scoot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts