Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barefoot willies cupholders.

way back in 2008, i rode with a group from la to sturgis (not during the rally). it was my second long road trip and one of the things that i learned during it was that a cupholder was not a dumb, geezer thing. happened to pick one up at the harley shop up there and it worked great. since then, have always put one on my bikes. got a new one in 2013 when i got the cvo with the thicker handlebars. and have been transferring it from bike to bike.

last week, i was riding down the road when i hit a bump and heard a loud 'snap'. noticed that my water bottle was vibrating more than usual. the cupholder had cracked at the mounting point.

now, i've had this cupholder for over 6 years, on a couple of bikes, and it is used very often and is always mounted on the bars. so, i figured 6 years of life was pretty good for a $25 dollar cupholder. but, noticed on the bw website, that if you 'ever' have any breakage to contact them. so i did, sent them a couple of pictures and in less than a week, had a new cupholder at my door.

fantastic customer service, and a great product. i've always recommended their cupholder to folks, but now i can say that their customer service is top notch as well.

https://www.barefootwillies.com/Barefoot-Willies-Cool-Rider-Motorcycle-Cup-Holder-s/1817.htm

·
Registered
601 Posts
That is damn good service. My Barefoot Willie’s cup holder is still going strong. Had it on 3 different bikes since purchased at MBBW back in 07

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just checked out the link Skratch posted...(Thanks Skratch!) Not a lot of detail on the mounting options. Would this mount to the vertical rise of the bars? Or does it only fit mount on the horizontal section?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow you can’t beat that for customer service

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just checked out the link Skratch posted...(Thanks Skratch!) Not a lot of detail on the mounting options. Would this mount to the vertical rise of the bars? Or does it only fit mount on the horizontal section?
you mount it wherever you want. it can be on the vertical or the horizontal. the cupholder is adjustable up/down and the clamp can be spun around the bar so that the cupholder sits the way that you want it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yep, I've got one of thos ealso, same deal, was getting ready to do a trip from florida to sturgis so went and bought one. Have also used it on everybike I've owned since. I usually only put it on if I'm doing a road trip though. Sometimes as it get to the "Hotter Then Hell" months here in florida I will also put it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts