Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are booked to attend our first Thunder Beach Rally (Panama City Beach, Fl.). We will be traveling as a group with the bikes in tow from the Indianapolis area. So who's going, who has attended past rallies, whats good, whats not?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Never been but thinking of going this year even though its Derby Weekend, which is the best time of the year to be in Louisville. I've heard a lot of good things about the rally.

Do you know where you guys are staying yet? I'm gonna try to find a place close to one of the main rally sites, which I think are at each end of the beach. 'Course theres stuff going on all up and down the beach.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Don't think I can make that one. How many of you going together? It would be nice though...

BTW, are you going to Shark Week II in July?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Official dates are May 2 to May 6, 2012. We are traveling with about 6 couples total but not staying with the group (they rented a large house a little out of the area). My wife and another couple are staying at the Long Beach Resort across the street from Coyote Ugly and close to Pineapple Willies. We plan to arrive on Sat the 28th and leave Sat the 5th.

www.thunderbeachproductions.com/ has some good info.

Shark Week.... Really want to but that is a very busy month and just cannot commit to it yet.:)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Towing a glide manup ride it. You never know when it will be your last ride
++1, course it's only about 600 miles from my house and I've been known to ride down to McGuires in Destin on a dinner run for a steak....they've got about the best steak I've had though and they brew their own beer :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
i live about 45 mins from the rally theirs alot going on on both ends of the strip the bar called miss newbys is always happening went last fall parking lot i bet had over 600 bikes alot of fun i also like the red door ill be their this spring hopen mean city cycles is showen up i want my seat done

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm going for the first time myself this year. Supposed to finalize our hotel this week as soon as I can get a final head count. We're staying at the Sandpiper Beacon, I've heard it's right it in the heart of all the events, plus they have allot of events/partys at the hotel and vendors on site.

I've heard nothing but good things from folks who've been to the rally. I also looked up some annual weather statistics for May in Panama City, it's their lowest month for rainfall with an average temp of 78!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
++1, course it's only about 600 miles from my house and I've been known to ride down to McGuires in Destin on a dinner run for a steak....they've got about the best steak I've had though and they brew their own beer :D
Roger That and the brewer is a good friend of mine.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey if your going to thunder beach you got to go to Outpost
(850) 835-2779

4576 County Highway 3280, Freeport, FL32439 its nice ride cold beer and food during thunder beach on saturdays they will have over 3000 bikes coming and going sundays are also good live music right on the river

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
We had a great time at the '09 Spring Thunder Beach and we're finally getting back down there this Spring. It's a great ride down and a great time there on the beach. We found Condos at the Aqua Resort near Pier Park and right across from Shuck 'ems so we are in a short walking distance to a bunch of places where we might encounter adult beverages.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i will be there.....satyed at long beach a few times...it is a great place and great location...right in the middle of everything(we call our office) LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
wife and myself went in 08 stayed on the beach condo timeshare place great rate and clean forget the name.Cops were really cool and the rides were even better.if we werent going to sturgis this year we would do thunder beach

·
Registered
130 Posts

this place in panama city beach.... has a great T-BONE 28-32 ounces....ITS A BEAST!!!:):):)(maybe a mile or two from coyote ugly)

www.angelos-steakpit.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts