Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have missed it so if someone has already posted, then just point me in the right direction, but I wanted to get some thoughts about a meet & greet at Thunder Beach this year. This is the first rally I will have been to since joining the forum and since getting my new Glide, so I'd like to meet some of you guys.
Thoughts? Ideas? Dates?

Tentatively, I was going to throw out meeting at Ms Newby's on Thursday (5/3) around 1pm. For those of you that have never been, it's a neat little liquor store/bar that a lot of locals hang out at, and you always see some awesome bikes there.

That is just an idea and is completely flexible. Just reply with your thoughts and we'll get something together.

Thanks,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Also has a big parking lot adjacent to the bar, surrounded by vendors as well - if that's your deal...

Probably see you there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If that ends up being the plan, I'll try my best to get over there! I'm going with a group of about 10, heading out of Tennesse early morning Wed. the 4th. None of us have ever been to this rally, but we've heard great things. We're staying at the Sandpiper Beacon, and supposedly it get's pretty wild at night, plus they have vendors on site. Counting down the days.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll love the rally. The cops are pretty laid back (but wear eye protection AT ALL TIMES) and the beaches are awesome! Let's keep in touch and plan on meeting up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's good to hear! I think everyone I've talked to who's been has had nothing but good things to say about it. I think we're gonna head out about 4:00am leaving from Knoxville. Hopefully we'll get there just in time for the free Beer & BBQ bash at our hotel!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'll be at TB. Would love to do a meet and greet. Ms. Newbies is cool with me but won't be able to Thurs....Getting my wheels and stuff done that morning. I'm not sure if it'll be done by 1p.

I'll be there from Sun to Sun so I'm trying to talk them into doing my bike Wed morn instead of Thurs.

Ricky

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thunder-on-the-Beach

Any suggestions for a meet-n-greet on fri for those unable to get there on thurs????????????????:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
meeting some people here sounds cool... but i too would have trouble with thurs at 1pm.... we leave south bama thurs morning...

later that evening or friday would be doable though

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you guys think about meeting at Ms Newby's Friday around 4pm? There's an Old School Bike Show there at 3 so we could meet up after that. Let me know your thoughts. If we get enough people to commit, I'll definitely be there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What do you guys think about meeting at Ms Newby's Friday around 4pm? There's an Old School Bike Show there at 3 so we could meet up after that. Let me know your thoughts. If we get enough people to commit, I'll definitely be there.

anyone else interested for that time/place?

or have other ideas ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
We got here Sat. evening and have ended up Ms. Newby's every night so far. Great place to hang out!

It'll be good to see some other sharks in their lot!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts