Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided that Friday was not worth going into work and one of my buddies agreed with me, so with the forecast looking like it was going to become a beautiful day, we decided to head out and ride into Johnstown for their Annual Thunder in The Valley Event. We simply use this event as a great excuse to get on the bikes and spend a day out, not much more. We dont stay for any of the evening bands, as our family life back at home does not permit that and we both needed to be home by early evening. It's always as good of a time as we make it and we always have fun, this year was no exception. You will see, we ran into this crazy cool cat (cadman) from this forum at our 2nd stop in the morning and he decided to ride into town and hang with us for most of our day. I believe he had some fun with us. Tim (08zinc), we did not get one single drop of rain today, though we did leave out in the morning with wet roads. So I believe this year is going to be a better year with regard to rain and rides (at least I am hopeful)! Harold, it was great to see you, glad you hung with us some and we got to know more about you, hope your ride home was good.
Our first stop was in Ebensburg for breakfast at this joint we like, then on into Zepka's HD in Johnstown, then into town before starting toward home and stopping by and checking out the goings on in Altoona with their bike event weekend. I will let the pictures do the rest of the story telling...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final stop of our day was at the small event goings on in Altoona, so we grabbed ourselves a beer from this lady (no cadman this time as he had to get home and left from the dealership) and then I met up with some of my friends that were there working for our (State College) local Indian Dealership. Both my buddies working for Indian really wanted me to grab a ride on their Chieftains (they both own one, '15 & '18), but I passed (I have ridden them before). They both want me riding one of these Indians for sure as it's their business, but I am quite happy on my RG!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
As always, Jeff, you can get some good pics and stories.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^sounds like a great day all around!:smile:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jbw

Freaky, thanks for sharing your miles of memories with us...Wish I was there, instead of riding the back roads of Gettysburg and Maryland chasing for some good old Chesapeake Steamed Crabs!!🦀🦀
Weather was killer for Johnstown Bike Week, hope they had a good turnout, love riding there. Last time there Foghat was main stage..Great time....See you soon for lunch?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts