Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the day off work yesterday, Thursday, to ride into Jtown for their annual Thunder in the Valley. My one buddy was also able to take the day off work and go along. We rode a little under 200 miles for the day. Stop at a great breakfast joint in Ebensburg on the way in, then hit Zepka's HD. looked around some there, and took the back roads into town then to check out the goings on. Made friends with the cigar guy there (turns out he bought the business from an older couple that reside in FL, that use to come up every year and were great people) and he was a blast to hang with for a while. Caught some of the stunt show going on as we walked around. Great day, until we were getting ready to head out and looked at the radar (my wife texted me to do so). Turns out there were some nasty storms and much heavy rain between us and where we needed to get to (home). So, we were going to head to Ebensburg for the Wheels and Wings thing going on as that was on our way home, BUT, because of the weather situation, we just headed back to the cute girls at the bar for another beer and a cigar to see if we could wait it out some before heading out. Turns out almost 2 hours later, it was getting no better for our trek home and just put rain gear on and hit the road. One of the most miserable rides in the rain I have had to do in some time, heavy rains almost the entire way home at least until the last 12 miles, then it became dry. Had a blast for the day all in all. Hope some of the pics tell the story better.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Except for the old ugly dude bartenders, the girl ones would've kept me at the bar until the rain cleared... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts