Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for a thunderheader part 1155A, it's the mounting bracket that mounts to the bottom of the trans and ALWAYS breaks. They want $120 for a new bracket plus shipping. I live 25 mi. from their facility and they will not allow me to pick it up, shipping is $15.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lookin for a thunderheader part 1155A, it's the mounting bracket that mounts to the bottom of the trans and ALWAYS breaks. They want $120 for a new bracket plus shipping. I live 25 mi. from their facility and they will not allow me to pick it up, shipping is $15.
and they won't replace it? They replaced mine, i asked nicely. Only happened to me once though. sounds like yours has been more than once..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and they won't replace it? They replaced mine, i asked nicely. Only happened to me once though. sounds like yours has been more than once..
Never thought about asking for replacement, independent dealer said they would not coopoerate. Maybe I should contact them myself, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, they said no warranty replacement. They are notorious for breaking and cracking, I suppose if they replaced everything that breaks they would break as well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Fock thunderheader and there shitty no warranty bracket!!! Getta Dragula!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
FUCK Thunderheader and their shitty customer service. I love the performance and sound but the pipe and bracket quality suck. I welded the brackets for my Shovelhead and Dyna where they cracked and never had a problem again. Did they give you run around for not having a "authorized retailer" contact them since they are to good to talk to the people that used to love their product. Sorry rant over!

Best bet is to mount the broken bracket to the bike and pipe let everthing settle so its not in a bind and weld it up. Thats what I have done and it has worked out great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The girl at Thunderheader was actually quite nice and stated that they warranty their products for 6 months. My pipe was on my bike when I bought it last year the pipe was on it and I don't know when it was installed.

Mostly I was just hoping that somebody had a bracket not being used that I could get my hands on.

Peace

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used to have a Thunderheader on my 01Ultra Classic. When I installed it, I omitted the bracket and never had any issues without it. I am not sure what year you have, but on the old style frame, it did not seen to be needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts