Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran that setup on my ‘17, my Dyno showed a dip in my low end torque going with this 2-1. They sound great! BUT the craftsmanship is definitely lacking. The rear cylinder primary was making contact with the cam cover. Also there was a exhaust leak at the muffler to headpipe joint. That’s a common leak, I know several other guys with the same leak on their systems. I eventually went with the D&D. My dip in torque isn’t there and the quality is a helluva lot nicer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dennis Kirk on EBay has them for best price I have found with free shipping and no tax. Got my black one for my M8 there. Installing it right now.

Did learn you need to change out exhaust gaskets. They won't fit with the thick stock ones in.

Update when done and give her a whirl. Zippers 468 cam first then 128" pistons/jugs (2019 RG Special 114 now) bigger injectors and intake, and probably a bunch of new back tires before summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
All done and LOVE IT! Sounds just like it should. Didn't loose anything on the bottom end, if anything a little more snappy. Definitely gained some on the top end with it breathing better.

I know people have great success with the D&D but I just never dug the sound. If you are in the same boat this is a great option. With my stock 114, upgraded A/C, and a canned mapped from Fuel Moto (no popping, great job guys) this is a whole new bike. Still doing the 468 but just not sure I will need the big bore kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
All done and LOVE IT! Sounds just like it should. Didn't loose anything on the bottom end, if anything a little more snappy. Definitely gained some on the top end with it breathing better.

I know people have great success with the D&D but I just never dug the sound. If you are in the same boat this is a great option. With my stock 114, upgraded A/C, and a canned mapped from Fuel Moto (no popping, great job guys) this is a whole new bike. Still doing the 468 but just not sure I will need the big bore kit.
Lookin good, how's the look and fit with the extended bags on. Had Thunderheader on my softail and loved the sound, did D&D on my street glide it was loud but not the same classic sound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fit is fine for me. I am not super picky but I don't like junk either. I don't think the TH is junk but like anything you can get a bad one. The finish of the pipe without the heat shields isn't perfect. You would definitely want shields on to cover up mandrel bend marks. The black coating appears to be a little tougher than years past.

Pipe is on the loud side but with a nice pop. With a cam and compression this things will sing. I did notice people staying out of my way as I was scooting down the road ( I like this part, no surprise lane changes around me.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update: after a few runs I decided to put heat shields on. Missing 3 clamps. I guess attention to the little things still isn't any better than before. Love the pipe but this kind of stuff will keep people away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just received mine. Put it on this weekend. Box looked like hammered dammit when it arrived. Surprise, surprise...the rear cylinder heat shield has a big dent in it and the front heatshield is scratched. Pipe fits snug and was easy to mount. It sounds good. Now just waiting and hoping they'll remedy the heatshield situation in a timely manner....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts