Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about going to a thunderheader 2-1 on my '16 Road Glide I currently am running a V&H ProPipe but I have always liked the TH sound, anyone running one and is it that loud you can't hear the radio, I have stage I amp and 2 dash speakers and 2 in the detach tour pack.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am running one on my 2015 RG. I never really liked the look of a single sided exhaust until I saw this bike on the showroom floor. I think if looks damned good on an RG. As for your question. I enjoy the low rumble of the exhaust. I can still hear the radio A-OK but it is loud enough that I wonder if I am waking up my neighbor when I fire the bike up in the morning.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ThunderHeader

Damn thing is LOUD. It sounds good, especially with the RPMS wound up, but on my V-Rod with the ThunderHeader I had to wear ear plugs otherwise my ears would ring, even on short jaunts. My 15 RG came with the D&D Fat Cats. Sounds great when you are on it, nice cackle on engine brake, and is quiet enough to roll at cruise speed all day without ringing my ears. Personally, there are better options than the ThunderHeader for my riding style.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I went from a Prop Pipe on my 14SGS to a TH on my 15RGS ... I have a 120, but DAMN.... its fricken loud!!! I since sold the TH and went D&D Boarzilla.... look into the Boss Fat Cat.... I have more power throughout the entire range with my D&D over the TH... Food for thought.

Oh,,, the sound of D&D is flat out awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My Thunderheader seems quiet to me.The only time it's loud is when I get on it.Maybe mine is defective? I kinda wish it was louder.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had a Thunderheader on my 2006 RG since it was new. Ran it with my stock 88 inch twin cam and still have it on my new S&S 124. Sounds great, and I can hear my stereo just fine!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anyone testify to the loudness of the thunderheader compared to stock exhaust with baffles removed? A lot of people say removing baffles sounds like crap but I installed DK Customs W258 Thunder Torque Inserts and it sounds awesome...they really tightened up the sound plus they restored low end loss. This is on a 2017 RGU M8. That being said I'm going to a full 2-1 system when my warranty is up. Apologies to the OP for the hijack.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
There's nothing that sounds as good as a thunder header, that said I don't want to ride behind one.

Those fuckers will wake the dead!
Da you & da OP
Neighbor 's wife (fk hope she's a she) ( she's dick high with a flat spot on top her head , n turns into a pizza at midnight) and ifs it Jody....least us ant gotta have to spit on it.
Loud pipes throat right

·
Registered
41 Posts
Old thread, but have to add to it.

I have a TH on my Fat Bob. I enter a parking garage every morning and set of several car alarms without even making an effort. :D This morning someone saw my helmet and asked if it was me that rode in on the Harley and pointed it out to me that I make a lot of noise every morning setting off alarms. The TH is actually too loud for my liking and annoying even to me when I don't have my ear plugs in far enough.

FWIW, I had a V&H 2-1 pro pipe on my other Fat Bob and liked that pipe a whole lot better. The V&H true duals on my Glide are just fine, though. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ran a thunderheader on my Twin Cam and it was loud, I could hear my radio just fine, but nobody liked riding behind me. If I had to do it all over again I would go with the D&D due to the finish quality and customer service.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My buddy?s got one on his well built fat boy. I take it for a rip just to hear it on decel, sounds so fricking awesome on decel. I don?t want to ride behind it for very long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't run a thunder header tho I've heard them. They sound nice.

I'm running a 2:1 Fab28 Industries exhaust on my dyna and get great performance out of it and it sounds freaking awesome. Jay at Fab28 is putting together an exhaust for my 2015 RG and I should have it in about a week and a half. Not sure if I can post video here but will once I break it in.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I have the Thunderheader X pipe on mine & its a great performer with the right setup. Here's two exact 107" builds with the same builder & tuner, one with D&D Fatcat and other is mine with Thunderheader. Both are good pipes

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Thunderheader X pipe on mine & its a great performer with the right setup. Here's two exact 107" builds with the same builder & tuner, one with D&D Fatcat and other is mine with Thunderheader. Both are good pipes
That's pretty impressive.

I'll post what I get out of my 2:1 Fab28, TW555 cam, on a 103" in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts