Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Thundermax for my 2007 RG and had a question. The guy said the auto tune is part 309-350 and another part is 309-340 which is that EFI.

I just want to make sure its a complete set and auto tuner, because part 309-360 on Zipper's is saying that's the Thundermax with autotune.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
The versions you reference are the 50 state emissions legal versions. The 309-360 is the non street legal version that most people run in the other 49 states for their "racing" bikes.

Go to this website for the explanation; http://www.thunder-max.com/Brochures/TMax4pg_120309.pdf Scroll down to the second page and you will see the descriptions for 309-340 and 309-350

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The versions you reference are the 50 state emissions legal versions. The 309-360 is the non street legal version that most people run in the other 49 states for their "racing" bikes.

Go to this website for the explanation; http://www.thunder-max.com/Brochures/TMax4pg_120309.pdf Scroll down to the second page and you will see the descriptions for 309-340 and 309-350

Calgaryglide

Thank you, that's what was confusing me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question, I am looking at an older model thundermax. It uses a serial port, so I'd need to get a serial to USB cable yo plug into my computer. Do you think an older model has less features than the newer? I was told there should be no difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is much difference between the older models and the newer ones. Yes, the older ones have a serial port so you needs a serial to USB cord, I think Zippers website has them on there. I had a pretty old model on my bike when I bought it which I have since switched out for the newer version because I found a good deal on one. A good bet would be to contact Zippers with questions, or Thundermax, they are pretty good at getting back to you with information. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is much difference between the older models and the newer ones. Yes, the older ones have a serial port so you needs a serial to USB cord, I think Zippers website has them on there. I had a pretty old model on my bike when I bought it which I have since switched out for the newer version because I found a good deal on one. A good bet would be to contact Zippers with questions, or Thundermax, they are pretty good at getting back to you with information. Hope that helps.
Thanks I contacted them and they said they just updated it mainly to keep up with technology and went with USB to USB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts