Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

2011 RGC, stock 96, hi-flow a/c, Supertrapp 2-1.

Planning to install Andrews 48H chain drive cams.

Asking for suggestions for which Thundermax base map to start tuning with, and if you know of changes made to the timing curve and such to get things right, that would really be appreciated too.

tyvm,
Otter

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome and congrats on changing cams to Andrews...Big fan of Andrews, proven and true...
Please tell me your doing the big bore to 103??? That and some head work will pull like crazy....As for thunder max tuner, not sure, my Glide was Dynoed with the SESPT....Solid....Good luck.

Reactions: Otter56

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi folks,

Asking for suggestions for which Thundermax base map to start tuning with, and if you know of changes made to the timing curve and such to get things right, that would really be appreciated too.

tyvm,
Otter
Call Zippers (Thundermax). I've ran a Tmax on my last 3 bikes and they were always helpful when ever I mad an engine mode.

Reactions: Otter56

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'd prolly start with 328 or 329. Start with max disks. Once you start tuning, don't mess with the disks in the pipe until after you have a good map built.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Hi folks,

tyvm,
Otter
I just put a TMax on a buddies 08' Fat Bob and installed an Andrews 57H cam. That cam wasn't on their list but all I did was write down the specs of the cam on a piece of paper and then started looking at the specs of the cams they had listed with the other components I was installing. Found one of their maps with a Red Shift cam that had very similar specs and loaded that one. Started up the bike and it didn't run perfect right off the bat but within seconds you could hear it smoothing things out. After I let it set there and warm up for a bit I took it out for a couple of test runs and it ran great. No decal pop or anything.

You don't have to have a MAP for the Supertrapp specifically as you just pick the MAP with your engine, 2 into 1 exhaust, A/C and if they don't have the Andrews 48H cam just pic one with the closest specs to it. If you have done any headwork or .030 head gasket you may have to call them for a MAP. Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the answer and suggestions folks, good stuffs!

Ken - ty for the real world experience, I was wondering if I could make it work that way, good to know someone has done it.

And ya, if it doesn't work out I will call Zippers; Thanks Thermo, and ya, no messin with stuff til its all done, one thing at a time.

Thanks for the welcome Dug; gonna stay at 96 for now until it wears out, then will decide how big to go. Me n the wife are light and small so the 96 doesn't work too hard to move us around, I just figured I would do the cams since I am going in to inspect the tensioners anyway. Got 56K on it and just want to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts