Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so I just installed a used thundermax tuner and dragos pipe frank was great supplied the base map.
well after all said and done I lost cruise control six gr light lights up
has anyone had this issue?

Saturday I will try stock ecm to see if cruise works as it did prior to install of t max
thanks
bill
im sure this thread is in wrong spot

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Did you do anything else to the bike at same time? Do you brake lights work as advertised? Did you unplug the brake switches for any reason?:confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just pipe tuner and air cleaner checked fuses brake lights switches and conections
im going to try plugging stock ecm in tomorrow see if that brings it back

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lost my cruise when I had power commander installed. Was some kind of software issue. Had to take it back for another download

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm curious to what you fined out. I should be receiving a new dragos system and t max from frank here soon. Never heard anything about this issue :confused:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Give Frank a call. Frank always stands behind whatever he sells...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the set up used and frank has been more than helpful by supplying a base map but in reality he's probably crazy busy right now so ill try. Forum and tmax. Before I hit him up. Or wait till fall to get it up to him

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
440 Posts
You say you have a used Thundermax. I don't have details but I have read somewhere that some of the older Thundermax units had a problem with cruise control. My thundermax is less than a year old and it doesn't interfere or cause any problems when I use my CC. You may want to phone Thundermax.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Did you hookup you PC and see if the T-Max module is running the current firmware and software?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The issue turned out to be connection on left side of plug. U got it to work and by applying pressure to plug get the issues to happen in closing I pulled plug up tight with zip tie have cruise and bike is running
Tmax wants me to send it in to be checked out but I'm not original purchaser so no warranty
Zip tie it is

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Are you talking about the plug that goes into the ECM (module)? I know the plug can be re-pinned if you need to get a better connection.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have worked on a lot of ECM's on big trucks and have had good luck repairing bad connections such as spread or loose female connectors. The females are usually in the harness side. Pop the connector off and look at the contacts with a good flashlight. if there is a spread connector you should be able to see it. To tighten the connector I use a small pick and get behind the part that's loose, pry it in gently, apply some dielectric grease and reinstall.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Well at least your getting the bugs out early in the riding season. The fuel line is a easy fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts