Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying the ThunderMax wideband ECM. I have Vance and Hines Power Duals head pipe. Does anyone else have this combination? It appears that I will have to have new 18mm bungs installed in the head pipe. has anyone done this already? If so, what is your advice? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm considering buying the ThunderMax wideband ECM. I have Vance and Hines Power Duals head pipe. Does anyone else have this combination? It appears that I will have to have new 18mm bungs installed in the head pipe. has anyone done this already? If so, what is your advice? I appreciate the help.
It all depends on what year your rg is. If you have a 09 then your pipe should already have 18mm bungs. If it's newer then you have 12mm and you will need new bungs installed.

You could always sell your current head pipe and purchase a 09 head pipe and then you will have factory 18mm bungs. Sense you will have to take your exhaust apart anyway do to needing to upsize your bungs this would be a route you could take.

Sense you already have a aftermarket head pipe with 12mm I would look into power vision but that's just my .02 cents.

I have dragos full system and t-max on the way but if I were in your shoes and assuming that your v&h is set up for 12mm, look at power vision.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tell us more about your bike. Is exhaust mounted or waiting to be installed. Do you have hi flow a/c. What year is it. What are your future plans for it. And do you have plans for motor builds in the future.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The T-Max is a good tuner and it will be a good tuner for your future performance upgrades.
Yes you will need the 18mm O2 sensor bungs but you can install them yourself if you know how to weld, if you don't know how to weld it won't cost much at a welding shop to have the 18mm O2 bungs welded in.
The O2 bungs are cheap and you can get the straight bungs at any auto parts store but the angled bung are a little harder to find and you may need to order them, I would think you would need the angled bungs so the O2 sensors would fit without hitting anything.
There are aftermarket head pipes that have both the 12mm and the 18mm O2 bungs and all you need to do is plug the bungs that you do not use.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thundermax

All I can say is that my bike runs sooooo much smoother now. I'm now a true believer in Thundermax. I have a 2012 RG with a D&D headpipe/exhaust. You'll be very satisfied with the tuner as long as your exhaust fits your motor set up.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
You can just take it off and have them welded. You will not need to order anything as the Thundermax will come with the bungs needed and a very detailed description on where to place the bungs at. The Thundermax is the way to go.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
You can just take it off and have them welded. You will not need to order anything as the Thundermax will come with the bungs needed and a very detailed description on where to place the bungs at. The Thundermax is the way to go.
I never got O2 bungs with my T-Max module when I got it new. My Bike is a 08 and it already has the 18mm O2 bungs so may be that is why I didn't get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts