Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this efi upgrade,would like to hear from anyone who has done this mod and was it worth the dough?. THX.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
I'm on my second bike with the TMax, well worth it IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the MM replacement from ThunderMax. It is great if you can find someone to tune it. There are a couple of people that know how to tune it. I upgraded to the MM TMax when I built the engine on my '01 RK. Took the TC88 to a 95 with head work, cams etc. I could ride it on 1 wheel through 3 gears! But it took some time to get it dialed in. It was a ball buster of a ride if you could hold on to the handlebars!!!! I did the next generation TMax on my '13 RGC and love it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the MM replacement from ThunderMax. It is great if you can find someone to tune it. There are a couple of people that know how to tune it. I upgraded to the MM TMax when I built the engine on my '01 RK. Took the TC88 to a 95 with head work, cams etc. I could ride it on 1 wheel through 3 gears! But it took some time to get it dialed in. It was a ball buster of a ride if you could hold on to the handlebars!!!! I did the next generation TMax on my '13 RGC and love it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
hey ts did you have the auto tune at that time

·
Registered
400 Posts
hey ts did you have the auto tune at that time
I did have the autotune and it did okay. The key was getting it dialed in as the basic map was close but left a lot of power out of the tune. I did a complete build including ported and polished heads, 95" kit, S&S cams, adjustable push rods, Feuling cam support plate and high flow oil pump along with the MM TMax. I loved it when it was tuned to perform. And Zipper's is a great company to do business with. That is why I put their tuner on my RGC and I really like the performance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, can anybody else add anything as you know it is a lot of money just dont want any let downs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
as a shop own/mechanic/tuner ive sold dozens of these over the years.. the throttle body unit for the mm is the best system in my eyes and their support is second to none ive built several 99-01 103 plus motors and everyone of them were absutley happy with them and as he said in earlier post 3 gear wheelies are possible i even seen a broken swingarm from the power

·
Registered
55 Posts
upgrade

When I did my top end last year I went for the MM HPI throttle body, and the Power Commander. Pro street heads, gear drive cam,yada yada. All you need then is a good tuner. Like nite and day. Got to lose that throttle body.

·
Registered
334 Posts
TMAX is great!!

When I worked at a dealer, we installed a ton of TMAX w/ autotunes, we had huge success with them, Customer service is top notch!!, I run a TMAX on my agressive built motor and love it!! My buddy has a shop and it is the most installed tuner there as well!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T-max it is, HPI throttle body/Intake, looks like a good unit also, but still have to piggyback the PC3 and another dynotune not into that! after two unsuccesful tunes with the MM setup and PC3 USB. hope the T-Max ends these efi blues!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tech support

Well i see alot of people saying the tech support is top notch and maybe it is but for the past three times trying to get an anwser for my thundermax .Still nothing.They tell me to email them ,still nothing ,i talked to someone on the phone which i prefer but they tell me i have to email in order to get an anwser about a question on my thundermax. i had good intentions buying this thundermaxx but not impressed with the tech support at all. If anyone knows anyone i could talk to to get an anwser on what i need to do to maybe turn up the idle on startup so it would start better that would be great. i had the TTS and delphi systems in and the bike started so much better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear that,I know lots of guys who have them on there newer bikes and love it,I was hoping to hear from the guys who have done the MM replacement.your issues dont sound to serious and hopefully they can help you iron them out. I know its frustrating ive been dealing with MM issues for 2yrs!!.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's easier to explain on the phone but when I start the bike up it seems like it doesn't really want to start or really run but when it does start it's like a lower idle where doesn't want to run ,it finally comes up .I've set my idol once the bike is running and warm.I can do that but there must be a tune where you can set the start up Idle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts