Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys couple of questions in the Thundermax tuner. I seem to get a ping about 3800RPM till about 4200RPM. So I have been reading and doing some research and other people say to check the AFR setting and make sure they are between 13.6-13.7. So in the Auto tuner settings is that the Target AFR setting I'm looking to verify and tweak? God I hate Pinging. Thanks

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
13.6 to 13.8 AFR is in range. Did you do a data collection and send it along with a description of your problem to T-Max support. To me it sounds more like a timing issue not a AFR issue and T-Max has a proceedure to set your "timing vs engine temp" .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Take a sample and send it off to Zippers, they have been very helpful in helping me with mine. They may even send you a correction to download.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I had the same issue, they told me to retard the timing 1 degree. As someone else said, send them data to analyze, they'll make recommendations.

Also make sure you have the latest firmware, you'll need to be connected to the Tmax and have an internet connection to download.

Try this site if you haven't already, there are a few video clips demonstrating tweaks. http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/Instructions/FuelInjectionVideos.aspx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts