Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to ride Custom Softail that has a new ThunderMax installed on it. Stock motor, Thunderheader pipes, and that's it. All I can say is Damn that thing ran good. It was awesome. I had been leaning toward a less expensive tuner because of the $$$ on the Thundermax, but now I have to admit, when it comes to tuners/ECM's ya just might get what ya pay for.
I was definitly impressed even though I didn't ride it far, compared to my bone stock 96 with a SE nightstick, this thing had a lot of pull.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbrushoe, I realize there is a huge difference in size, but the smooth exceleratin and pull on that bke was exceptional.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like it was tuned good, like you say it makes a big difference when they are right. I have rode bikes will all the trick stuff in the motor and they run like crap because they are not setup right.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I tend to agree with jbrushoe, I've had expensive and inexpensive tuners on my bikes and all of them worked great once I found the right person to tune the bike and it's not always the same person on the different tuners. I'm sure Thundermax makes a great product (looked at it myself at one point), I just tend to stay with the PC as I've found someone locally who knows what they are doing with this product.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tend to agree with jbrushoe, I've had expensive and inexpensive tuners on my bikes and all of them worked great once I found the right person to tune the bike and it's not always the same person on the different tuners. I'm sure Thundermax makes a great product (looked at it myself at one point), I just tend to stay with the PC as I've found someone locally who knows what they are doing with this product.
I agree about tuners it was the same thing with carbs you needed to find someone who could do it right. However with this product no tuner is needed that's the point. Download the map for your appilcation and the ECM does the rest.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i second this, my Dad had a fat bagger with JIMS 120and had the thundermax. It rode good all year round, no popping back fire, no trouble starting. And that thing rode like a bat outta hell.

·
Registered
185 Posts
well i ordered my thundermax and it will be here this tuesday today iam removing the exhaust and welding a set of 18 mm bungs cuz the ones on my 2011 are to far down and to small. will post sometime next week on the results.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i installed my thundermax and all i can say is this buy one and see for yourself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts