Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but I've searched the various threads concerning the Thundermax, and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm hearing talk locally (Nashville, TN) that after installing a Thundermax on a totally stock 2010 RGC 96 engine you can expect a cooler, smoother running engine, with a lower rpm at idle, and little more zip when accelerating. Any comments / testimonials, pro or con, will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
probably pretty accurate. I have heard via the internet (so it has to be true cause no misinformation could possible on the internet) that the cats can get damaged from being too rich. I would like to know for sure tho.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but I've searched the various threads concerning the Thundermax, and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm hearing talk locally (Nashville, TN) that after installing a Thundermax on a totally stock 2010 RGC 96 engine you can expect a cooler, smoother running engine, with a lower rpm at idle, and little more zip when accelerating. Any comments / testimonials, pro or con, will be appreciated.
i have a 2011 roadie with true duals stage 1 a/c with CFRs befor that rineharts. my motor went from smokin hot to i cant feel the heat any longer yes it does idle a little lower 950 rpm and alot better throttle response and start ups are great hot or cold.alot more torque. the best $800.00 i have spent on my bike should u decide to buy one i would suggest www.easternperformance.com $819.00 with free shipping . hope this helps.
Rick

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response roadgliderick. From what I've learned, the Thundermax is a very good product, but for the Thundermax to really make a difference, I will have to do what you've done....add to the package with new headers, muffs, AC and oil cooler. Guess my quest to get a better, cooler running bike by just adding the Thundermax to it in stock configuration just won't make a big diffrence.

·
Registered
370 Posts
for half of that price you can get the TTS MasterTune and accomplish the same thing.... you just won't have the "autotune" feature...

I had the Thundermax on my '06 Deuce AND my '07 CVO Springer... I took it off the springer and installed the TTS MasterTune and saw an immediate improvement!
my opinion would be to save your money......

·
Registered
781 Posts
Is the TTS easy to use?

·
Registered
185 Posts
for half of that price you can get the TTS MasterTune and accomplish the same thing.... you just won't have the "autotune" feature...

I had the Thundermax on my '06 Deuce AND my '07 CVO Springer... I took it off the springer and installed the TTS MasterTune and saw an immediate improvement!
my opinion would be to save your money......
then i guess u havent tried a thundermax lately cuz i have been through all the other tuners. with no sucess sinse i have installed the thundermax all my issues are gone and i save alot of money not having to dyno each time i make a change to my bike.

·
Registered
370 Posts
then i guess u havent tried a thundermax lately cuz i have been through all the other tuners. with no sucess sinse i have installed the thundermax all my issues are gone and i save alot of money not having to dyno each time i make a change to my bike.

if you used the TTS, you would know that there is no need to dyno.....
What tuners have you "been through" ?
I've been through the SERT, ThunderMax w/autotune, and the TTS.
based on my experience, the TTS has been the best one so far.

I don't think the ThunderMax is worth $800.00, not when you can get the same if not better results from the TTS Masterune.;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
if you used the TTS, you would know that there is no need to dyno.....
What tuners have you "been through" ?
I've been through the SERT, ThunderMax w/autotune, and the TTS.
based on my experience, the TTS has been the best one so far.

I don't think the ThunderMax is worth $800.00, not when you can get the same if not better results from the TTS Masterune.;)
u know what they say about opinions. to each is own just like u said u like the tts good for u i like the thundermax i could afford it so i bought it. best $800.00 i have spent. i guess u havent got any tuners either is that your reason for buying the tts what ones have u been to.

·
Registered
185 Posts
as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.;)
I haven't dyno'd my bike, no need with the TTS tuner.;)
same with my thundermax thats my whole reason for buying it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
same with my thundermax thats my whole reason for buying it.
that was also my reason for buying the T-max! ;) LOL!
but the more I used it, the more I saw it's limitations... but the T-max software and hardware has probably come a long way in two years.
if your anything like me and you're constantly playing with the software, you'll find out in about a year..... that's how long it took me to figure out that the Thundermax wasn't for me.
on the other hand, the TTS has been great.. but I expected no less from the same people that developed the original HD SERT software.

·
Registered
185 Posts
that was also my reason for buying the T-max! ;) LOL!
but the more I used it, the more I saw it's limitations... but the T-max software and hardware has probably come a long way in two years.
if your anything like me and you're constantly playing with the software, you'll find out in about a year..... that's how long it took me to figure out that the Thundermax wasn't for me.
on the other hand, the TTS has been great.. but I expected no less from the same people that developed the original HD SERT software.
they have come a long way cuz my friend had one in his 07 he told me about the things that happened. i just didnt go and buy i did alot of reserch like do everything else. some people have told me the TTS is limited also they said the great thing about the master tune is u can buy one for 2 bikes i called TMAX and went over the unit with the techs i was told the new TBW is endless i also spoke to people who have the TBW and was told the samething i was also told by guys who have the master tune u couldnt tweak it on as much as the race tuner thats why the dynos gurus dont charge as much to dyno cuz there limited as far as a dyno goes. jaime from fuel moto says the samething that the new TMAX is awesome and that it has made some serious changes sinse it first was made. like i said if u like your TTS thats cool but it doesnt mean its better then the TMAX . if u think its to much money for u to spend i understand i bought it and my bike runs perfect i dont see any limitations. i have heard horror stories about mastertunes, race tuners as well as power commanders. look iam not gonna argue with u about what u think is
better if thats what u think thats cool but i had my reasons for not buying a master tune or any other tuner besides the TMAXX. iam glad u think its funny cuz when your tuner dumps u will think of me.
Rick

·
Registered
370 Posts
they have come a long way cuz my friend had one in his 07 he told me about the things that happened. i just didnt go and buy i did alot of reserch like do everything else. some people have told me the TTS is limited also they said the great thing about the master tune is u can buy one for 2 bikes i called TMAX and went over the unit with the techs i was told the new TBW is endless i also spoke to people who have the TBW and was told the samething i was also told by guys who have the master tune u couldnt tweak it on as much as the race tuner thats why the dynos gurus dont charge as much to dyno cuz there limited as far as a dyno goes. jaime from fuel moto says the samething that the new TMAX is awesome and that it has made some serious changes sinse it first was made. like i said if u like your TTS thats cool but it doesnt mean its better then the TMAX . if u think its to much money for u to spend i understand i bought it and my bike runs perfect i dont see any limitations. i have heard horror stories about mastertunes, race tuners as well as power commanders. look iam not gonna argue with u about what u think is
better if thats what u think thats cool but i had my reasons for not buying a master tune or any other tuner besides the TMAXX. iam glad u think its funny cuz when your tuner dumps u will think of me.
Rick

I don't know who told you that, because the MasterTune has more options than the SERT... HD didn't let TTS put as much options in the SERT, so when they designed the MasterTune they were able to do everything they couldn't do with the SERT.
LOL... I was thinking the same thing about when your T-max takes a dump on you... :D
like I said, give it about a year....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know who told you that, because the MasterTune has more options than the SERT... HD didn't let TTS put as much options in the SERT, so when they designed the MasterTune they were able to do everything they couldn't do with the SERT.
LOL... I was thinking the same thing about when your T-max takes a dump on you... :D
like I said, give it about a year....
ok mister master tune guru i see your one of those guys who knows it all and has a one way mind. and u did it all but u did it better then anyone else i know your type so iam not gonna waste my time and breath on u any more. what is it your handle doush big mouth.

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok mister master tune guru i see your one of those guys who knows it all and has a one way mind. and u did it all but u did it better then anyone else i know your type so iam not gonna waste my time and breath on u any more. what is it your handle doush big mouth.
:D

like you I did my research...
based on my experience, this is what works for me.

and it's MR. Douche Big Mouth!;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for brightening my day.......you guys crack me up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The new thundermax is the cats meow, no doubt about it, For out of the box POW it's a class leader IMO, to bad it's 800.00 plus dollars, but once ya throw a dyno tune on the other options your pretty much in that dollar amount anyways. Had the tmax on my 2001 SERG, it was the single best thing I could do for that motor, short of replacing it. This time around Iam using the PCV with autotune, so far Iam happy, with the way my bike is tuned, I will admit though I think about dropping a tmax on it from time to time, I've had 3 different cams in the last year as well as 3 different exhaust systems, for me I have no desire to be locked to a tuner that requires 4 hours of dyno tuning. Hence my desire for autotune systems. I have no experience with TTS, I've heard good things about it. What I do know is all my buddys who have gone tmax, are absolutely amazed at the results out of the box, and this is coming from people that have run the gammet of various tuners. I guess what it comes down to is what works for you, what your local dealers are comfy tuning with, and if you as the end user are prepared to learn to get the most out of what ever system you settle on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You know, I'm reading all this, about exhausts and ECMs and fuel management and increased torque, etc. I realize it doesn't matter how much research I do, or how much advice I get, whatever I do to my Road Glide now will be replaced in a year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts