Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused::confused::confused:I have a 2012 road glide with a big sucker intake, rineheart 2-1, and a powercomander 5. I bought a thundermax, installed it, it worked fine for about 3 months. Then the speedometer started only working about 2/3 the time , so I got ahold of thundermax , they after a time of sending data to them replaced the emc. Got the new one installed it does the same thing. I talked to Chris at cyclesolutions who I bought it from, he said about 9 or 10 bikes out of a 100 have problems with thundermax . He told me to clean the fuses use dielectric grease. Put more dielectric grease on the Harley plug that installs into the emc all of this I have done. It still has the same problem. Keep in mind I put the Pc-5 back on and everything works fine. Please help :confused::confused::confused:

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
The best advise i can give you is to contact Thundermax once again. They have really good tech support and will get it resolved.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the same thing happen last summer - 3 times in one week. Like you, I cleaned the ECM plug and fuses and added a little dielectric grease. I also cleaned and greased the plugs on the back of the speedometer and tach. It has not done it since. You might give that a try.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Did you set the speedometer calibration when you installed the T-Max tuner. There are different settings for the speedometer and the setting on your base map may be the incorrect setting.
Go to basic settings and click on speedometer and check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts