Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everybody. I'm going get a Tmax TBW this week. I need to hear some stories, hopefully positive, about making this buy. I will also be getting an Arlen Ness air filter too. I already have pipes. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A forum member "roadgliderick" has one and he has nothing but positive things to say about. PM him and ask your questoins.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I looked hard at the thundermax, but in the end went with revolution performance tuner. I didn't want to keep tweaking mine revolution does it for me.
Thundermax does has some great reviews though
Rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are easier and less expenseive alternatives that are as effective or more effective than the thundermax. Especially for just pipes and air cleaner.
I'd just get the screamin eagle street tuner or the TTS mastertune.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Ok everybody. I'm going get a Tmax TBW this week. I need to hear some stories, hopefully positive, about making this buy. I will also be getting an Arlen Ness air filter too. I already have pipes. Thanks.
I agree with wiguy thats alot of cash for just AC and pipes upgrade. On the other hand I also heard good things about the Tmax previous TBW. Its your money , if you go for it you will be ready for any other upgrades you do on the engine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got one. Easy to install, configure for the first time, and update with autotuning. Customer service is great. What kind of headers you running? On 2010 and 2011 bikes they do not recommend running V&H TD's (Power or Baggers) with the TM. O2 placement on the headers will cause an issue and will break they say. They recommend Jackpot and Rineharts right off if asked. I have had no issues with mine to date. Never had decel popping or anything from day 1.

If you got the funds then go with it. I'm another happy customer.

T

·
0 Posts
I put one on back in Jan but never got to do much riding due to the weather. Now that the weather is cooperating, I find myself out more and more. Yes it is a butt load of money for the ECM, but in my opinion, well worth it. The Auto Tune works great and yes you do have to go in with the computer every once and awhile and accept the new auto tune trims and save the map. Very similar to the Power Commander. But unlike the PC, you dont have to try to find a space to put 3 modules and wiring, just replace the ECM. As far as price goes, by the time you get the PCV and the auto tune modules, its close to the same price as the TMax anyway. Throttle response with the TMax is greatly improved as well. The only thing I have noticed, the TMax doesnt have the rear cylinder shut off capability. But it doesnt bother me, the Tmax's AFR's provide more than enough fuel to help keep the rear cylinder cooler and therefore that feature is not needed.

Sure there are plenty of other tuners out there and everybody has their favorite and there reasons for their selections. This is my favorite until they come out with something that will adjust the AFR's, change the oil, wash the ride and wipe my butt in one package. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
I had the T-Max with autotune on my '06 Deuce and then on my '07 CVO Springer, it ran great when I first installed it, but I found that the tune would degrade over time...I removed it and installed the TTS MasterTune and the bike ran better with just the canned MAP, then I did the vTune and WOW... T-Max NEVER ran this good on either one of my bikes!

my opinion would be to not waste your money on the T-max...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the Tmax and A/F yesterday and they came today. I'm goint to put them on in the next day or so. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it installed and put the base map in ans 20 miles later I am SMILING! Engine pull is great. Passing is great. All the gears pull harder. It goes just as hard as you twist the throttle. I will be checking MPG on some furture runs, but not right now. I think this TMax is worth the $$$ and will allow me to tweak certain parameters to fine tune it to me and my bike and to anything else I decide to do to the engine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MPG Update. I went on about a 270 mile trip this weekend. On the way back home when I checked my gas mileage, I got 47.2 MPG. We did a lot of crusing between 60 and 70. Thats the same mileage I got on the same trip before I added pipes, mufflers, a/f, and the t-max. With the added feel I get from the performance end of the t-max, its a win for me plus I installed it myself and didnt have to have it dyno'd. If you enjoy twisting the throttle I would recommend getting one.

·
Registered
974 Posts
MakeARunMike- Like you I too am looking to get a tmax, I am glad to hear that you installed it yourself and are happy with the reponse you are getting. If I may ask who did you get it from and how much money did they get for it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
185 Posts
i bought mine about 6 to 7 months ago got frustrated for awhile call randy dull at zippers. he walked me thorugh at least 3 times till i got it now i can adjust my timing my AFRs as well as anything else with this tuner. a guy from another popular forum emailed me last week asking me about the thundermax. hes using the TTS and hes not happy with says its to difficult setting the timimg along with everything else. alot of people like the tts as well as the thundermax. well needless to say he bought the thiundermax and is totally happy with it. and sinse i have had mine i have not noticed any power loss or nothing like that .it just runs better everyday i just put one in my wifes 06 streetglide and she loes it . eeryone has there opinions u buy what u want i did. others have bought the TTS power commander or the race tuner i have used them all except for the TTS but latley i have been hearing problems with the TTS from others. just got back from laughlin and 2 people told me that they wernt to happy with there TTS. i wouldnt know never had one. all in all i really like my thundermax even more now that i know how to use it.
Rick

·
Registered
974 Posts
roadgliderick- I just wanted to ask you, (since I am saving my pennies for a Tmax) I am not handy with my company laptop, but I do want to improve the performanace of my bike. I have a 09' cvo (110) , V&H power duals, Rinehearts 4' slip ons, and Roland Sands turbine breather. No motor mods yet, cams in the future (a year or so). So can you give me an idea of the process to change the ecm, since I have an 09 with the bigger sensors do I need to change them out? Would you mind if I email you when I have questions? Where in central CA are you-I live in South Sacramento!

·
Registered
185 Posts
roadgliderick- I just wanted to ask you, (since I am saving my pennies for a Tmax) I am not handy with my company laptop, but I do want to improve the performanace of my bike. I have a 09' cvo (110) , V&H power duals, Rinehearts 4' slip ons, and Roland Sands turbine breather. No motor mods yet, cams in the future (a year or so). So can you give me an idea of the process to change the ecm, since I have an 09 with the bigger sensors do I need to change them out? Would you mind if I email you when I have questions? Where in central CA are you-I live in South Sacramento!

fltreagle u can email me anytime u need any help. if u would like me to install it for ya not a problem just come on by.
Rick
p.s. when your ready to buy go to(www.easternperformance.com) $818.00 shipped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts