Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my new Thundermax this weekend and went for a spin yesterday. The engine light came on right out of the gate and never went off.

Yes, I did the proper initializing procedure per the installation guide. It came loaded with a map so the bike was actually running fine. Rode it for about 50-miles and put it back in the garage. Checked the error codes and there were about 15 of them. I wrote them all down, but do not have them with me. I was able to clear all but 1 of them. The P0134 code will not clear. This is the front O2 sensor.

I'm going to try resetting the system tonight and see if I can get it to go away before calling Zippers. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem with theirs. I found one thread with a similar problem, but no solution was ever posted. I'm only about a half hour from Zipper's place so I may arrange to take the bike to them if possible.

One other thing I noticed yesterday was when I turn the ignition switch on the fuel pump has a 1 to 2-second delay before it comes on. With the stock ECM it was instant. Is this normal?

Update: I got home and pulled the fuse, disconnected the battery, pulled the front and rear O2 sensor connectors apart and put dielectric grease on them. The instructions did not say to use dielectric grease on those but I read where others did so I figured it couldn't hurt. I did the initializing procedure again and we appear to have a winner. The engine light went out. I'll try and take it to work tomorrow and see how it does.

I did not plug the laptop into the unit this time. That is the only thing I did different from the first time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got to use the grease!

I had a problem with mine as well, put the grease on and it went away. Also had the dealer install new bars and got the throttle code... cleared that.

Ron

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what went wrong on my first go round, but I am going to chalk it up to something I did wrong. It is working great now.

I am curious if anyone else running the Thundermax has a slight delay in the Fuel pump kicking on. With the stock ECM it was instant when you turned the ignition on you immediately hear it. I get a slight delay before it kicks on now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would have them test the unit and sensors (connections). Although the grease is a good thing to apply you should not need it with a brand new unit. Their customer service is very good.

A faulty unit is nothing to take lightly especially if it fails many, many miles from home..

Let us know what they say....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
My fuel pump has a split second delay, but I don't really notice it any more.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Depending on when your unit was loaded, you may need to do a firmware update. I put my TMax on in December. I checked for an update because of a starting issue and got the latest version installed. Rode 50 miles today and the bike ran great. They also updated my map (#273) and got rid of the old map (#236), so something was not working properly. Their support is awesome along with a lot of information online. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Greased all connectors before I ever put unit on bike (always a good if you ride in the rain).Thundermax works flawlessly, never have any problems. I thought the fuel pump delay was just me, I have it also.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Problems

I have had a few problems 2010 RGC tbw I have these mods
2010 Harley davidson Road Clide Custom
S&S Cycle Super Stock Cylinder Heads for Twin Cam - 79cc - Black 106-3233
S&S Cycle 570CE Easy Start Chain Drive Camshaft Kit 106-5234
Screaming Eagle Air Box
Jackpot Header and Powertube Muffler no Baffles from Fuel Moto

the Tmax is new I put it on as directed all settings work but have a hard time getting the right map there are no 96ci maps with head work and no S&S cams for a 96ci tmax support said use #185 then #200 both have dead spots I thought you are to get a map close to your mods well there are none so far I am pretty good with maps as I have had different bikes with different tuners the target afr seems ok it it is ver close front and rear cyl it has slow throttle response and pretty jerky at steady speed the bike goes like a bat outta hell at 3000 to 6000 rpm but a dog at 1000 to 2000 rpm I will work on it tomorrow and keep sending tmax the the support data transmitting :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts