Road Glide banner

Which autotuner should I get?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra. I will soon be installing a Figure Machine TCFLOW-VISION 5 - TWIN CAM AIR CLEANER and a KessTech 2-into-one exhaust system. As far as I know, neither one of these products or companies are very popular so I doubt they will be on any list to get specific maps for any of the EFM systems out there. Hence, I am leaning towards an autotune system. Not only the off-name brand parts but the fact that, being in the military, I move around a lot and the autotune would work best with my bike being in different environments all of the time without having to get it dyno'd or remapped every time I move. I am just curious which model I should go with. Every one of these systems claims to be the best one on the market. That is obviously not possible. I'm sure that each one is best for different bikes and different set-ups. Any gearheads out there that may happen to know what the best set-up for my bike would be? Thank you!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
With the mods your doing a flash tune from the dealer should work well but if you want to go with a tuner and flash tune the bike yourself the the Power Vision should be your choice, the Thundermax works better for bigger performance builds IMO.
I used both the Tmax and the PV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the mods your doing a flash tune from the dealer should work well but if you want to go with a tuner and flash tune the bike yourself the the Power Vision should be your choice, the Thundermax works better for bigger performance builds IMO.
I used both the Tmax and the PV.
I do have future plans. Eventually, I will upgrade to the 117ci kit and upgrade cams, and who knows what else....?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
You can get the Power Vision flash tuner and use it to flash tune the bike and it also has a auto tune feature that uses the stock 02 sensors. Then if you want to go with a bigger performance build later on you can get the Auto tune Pro kit and hook it up to the Power Vision that you already have
A true auto tune system uses the 18mm 02 sensor that read the AFR in real time and it will keep the AFR in it's set parameters. Remember a auto tune no matter who makes it will not auto tune the engine timing, all engine timing adjustments has to be done manually.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
If you're sure you're going to upgrade, the TMax is a great system, I'm on my second bike with a TMax and have really been happy with it. One of my current bikes started life as a 96 and is now a 107, the TMax has been great. If you end up going that route check with Frank at Dragos for the best price. BTW, my other bike is a 16 with the FP3, I'm happy with it also and it's super simple to install and use. I have no intention of doing more than maybe a mild cam on this bike, so the FP3 is perfectly suitable.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You will want to get the Auto Tune Pro module and sensors also for the power vision. I have multiple maps I use for high and low altitudes, extremely hot and cold days, etc.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I used the HD RaceTuner programming on my '03, TMAX on my '07 and the PowerVision on my '12 and '15. Hands down the PowerVision gives the best tune, most flexibility to modify the tune quickly and with reference to your changes and gives me the power I expect without completely sacrificing mpg.

If I ranked them .... #1 - PowerVision, #2 - RaceTuner #3 - TMAX

·
Registered
132 Posts
I only have experience with the power vision. I had sent them a log of my tune and explained that the bike was running very hot and lugging on take off. I got a short generic answer back. Not happy at all with the support I received after spending that kind of money. If I had known at the time, I would have purchased it from fuel moto after hearing about the excellent customer service and support they provide. Fact of the matter is I should receive excellent support from the manufacturer of the product. In the future I would go with another brand...

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I have the Power Vision I bought from fuel moto, very happy. When I changed my slipons,intake and decatted my head pipe Jamie at fuel motor sent me a new map that worked well. I have also run the autotune feature that worked well also.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have or had the power vision, power commander, thunder max, and fp3. The power vision does the best tune for a mildly worked engine to were the thunder max seems to shine a little more with more of a worked engine. I did not like the fp3 and i am still running the pcv on my triumphs. In reality they all can do the job it just depends on if you want to put in the time to learn that particular tuner. If you are having someone else tune the bike see what they prefer to use for a tuning device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts