Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
I just ordered the Thundermax TBW for my 2011 road glide. I have read many opinions but in the end I decided on the Thundermax. I'm also adding the V&H Dresser Duals with 4 inch Rhineharts and Big Sucker from A/N, since this is my first bike ever, I would like to know if I'm barking up the right tree with my choices. :confused:

Sixnine68

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Nothing wrong with those choices IMO... Keep us posted on the outcome. I have read postive info on the Thundermax. I was headed in that direction till the Revolution Tuner became available.

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Your on track. The Thundermax has the versatility of being able to change to other pipe configurations, intake set ups, cam choices and any headwork you decide on down the road. Plus it will learn as you ride after you load in the base map choices. Be sure to post photos with your new duals, pipes and intake. I'm thinking of swapping my 2-1 for true duals down the road.
enjoy the ride

·
Registered
185 Posts
thats a great choice i have a thundermax and i totaly happy with it my bike runs great. i have added true duals thunder header slip ons high flow a/c and woods cams 555s. bike is perfect.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out which way I want to go as far as tuners. So keep us posted on your results

Ricky

·
Registered
149 Posts
"first bike ever, I would like to know if I'm barking up the right tree with my choices".

Sixnine68, I would say your on a great start with a Road Glide being your first bike ever. Congrats on the new ride and keep us posted with the modifications.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked my ride up yesterday and all mods have been done. All I can say is that before I loved the bike, but now I really love the bike. The sound of the pipes are amazing, it's just what I was looking for. :D:D

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I just picked my ride up yesterday and all mods have been done. All I can say is that before I loved the bike, but now I really love the bike. The sound of the pipes are amazing, it's just what I was looking for. :D:D
Oh ya!!!!! welcome to the world of HD! but wait it gets better.....glad your happy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If this is your first bike ever.... GREAT CHOICE!! My learner bike was a yamaha v-star 650. I could never go back to anything less than my RG. I installed a t-max tuner, a/n big sucker, v/h dresser duals and klock werks 4" mufflers. We have a similar setup and I love mine and you will love yours.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I put the Thundermax on mine with a big sucker, D&D Fat Cat 2/1 and I love it.

When I was shopping around and reading about tuners I must have read a 1000 threads. People seemed to be constantly shopping for different maps for their PC's because they just couldnt find what they liked or they were not happy with how the bike ran. Thats the big plus with the Thundermax, it constantly adjusts/ learns while you ride. To this day I am still happy with it and would do it all over again if I had to. Plus, I installed it all myself. Saving the cost of shop labor.

·
Registered
129 Posts
installed a thundermax on my '11RG along with a heavy breather and D&D Boss Fatcat 2-1 with performance baffle and could not be happier, make sure you check back for updated maps from time to time as they are always updating ... next up woods cams, either 555 or the new 777's, depending on reviews...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally a decision

I have a 2010 Road glide and have been looking at threads for hours
and hours and finally have came to a conclusion its going to be a Thundermax.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I have a TMax also, check with Frank at Dragos, he has great prices and also a lot of knowledge, ask him about the Dragula.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have a t-max and very happy with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts