Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,005 Posts
I wanted to - but up north here I am stuck with the metric rides in kilometres. Did a Saddlesore 1600 last August, sent my paperwork in right away and I still haven't heard anything from them. International rides go to the back of the queue, been told to wait over a year to get the first ride certified, then if you pay additional to become a Premier Member, rides can get certified in weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Limited.
355 Posts
The bride and I have multiple 1000 mile days and 3 over 1500. Never bothered to jump thru Iron Butts hoops to get them certified. Most trips anymore we run close to 1000 the first day just to get near someplace we don't see often. Get a rode Glide set up right and 1000 miles is really not that big a deal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
today i learned that the iron butt association has a specific ride just for roadglides. called the 'sharknose 1000'. it is basically just a saddlesore 1000 only done on the roadglide.

who knew?

Far North Insanity (ironbutt.com)

has anyone done one yet?
Yes, 2 years ago on my 19' RGCVO. 1,142 miles, 21.8 hrs. Documented as needed, never turned my paperwork in. I know I did it, that's all that matters.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Not a well known side quest. All my IBA rides have been on the RG. Didn't know about the SharkNose until perusing some of the lesser known ride variants. I'd put in for it again every time except I already have it and don't feel like paying for it again.

Reactions: azgrumbles

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Yes. I paid extra for the shark nose patch. The original goal was the AZ instate patch. 1000 miles all in AZ.
I wanna do the in-state IBA SS 1000 in Rhode Island.

Reactions: azgrumbles

·
Administrator
12,675 Posts
The wife and I have a couple of them, I plan to do the 50CC next, thinking I can get them to make a special RG patch for that.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Very cool. I just completed one not to long ago but have yet to submit my paperwork. Now I know I can get this.

Do you just request this on a regular form?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts