Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to do brakes front and rear.... go with HD or aftermarket..... need different pads for ABS????

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I have good luck with the HD brake pads. They are easy to get that is one advantage to of using the HD brake pads, most dealers have them in stock.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,060 Posts
I'm going to try a set of Lindall Gold this next change. Haven't used them yet, but want to give 'em a try.

·
878 Posts
Brembo brakes drag down super cars of all nationalities... There is a theory that pads are tuned to the Brembo caliper, and in a weird sort of way it makes sense.

I would hope the stock pads are tuned to the stock Brembo calipers...but...

Either way, I can make me fall down with a stick in the spokes too, so my guess is any quality pad would do about the same.

When I replace mine, I am going stock HD or Brembo... Or just with a stick...grin.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Just a quick word on the Lyndall golds. We have found taht the golds have to get really hot to work as well as the Z Plus.

·
Registered
136 Posts
First thing I did when I brought it home was put Lynall's Z-plus pads on. Not quite as dirty as stockers, non corrosive, and really lock things up!

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
z plus

Confirmed with parts same pad ABS or not... I may try the Z Plus... good feed back here. I guess I'll need 3 sets of pads??? :mad:confused: I know I need 3 pair but Lyndalls price sheet is for how many pads?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
+1 on the EBC. Used them for years with no complaints at all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Confirmed with parts same pad ABS or not... I may try the Z Plus... good feed back here. I guess I'll need 3 sets of pads??? :mad:confused: I know I need 3 pair but Lyndalls price sheet is for how many pads?

Pricing should be by the pair. So about $40/pair=$120 for the bike.

Mike

·
Registered
564 Posts
If D&P brakes are anything like their clutches they may be worth a shot. My clutch is way better than stock.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I run Lyndall Gold+ , I ran the Z+ but they went out in the rain , Lyndall replaced them with the Gold+ and I've never had another problem , they say they've changed the Z+ to eliminate the problem but I don't want to chance it

·
Registered
226 Posts
Brake question....

Should there be any contact between the rotors and pads when brakes are not engaged? The reason I ask is that I was getting my front wheel replaced yesterday, when the tech reassembled the bike, there was obvious slight engagement between the pads and rotors...I questioned that and he said that was normal....I don't think so....

What is correct?

·
Registered
855 Posts
The stock pads are stamped with Brembo on them. That doesnt mean much, seeing as the stock radio is stamped with Harmon Kardon, etc. etc. I installed EBC sintered pads and they work great, but i would also like to try the Lyndall pads. The Brembos seem to wear fast and eat rotors... then again I ride my bike.

And the same pads are used all the way around. Same pad, same part number.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
How many miles did the current set last, are they original?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts