Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta 2011 103, I have rinehart true duals and stage 1 a.c. with a power vison. Looking for something with more bottom end torque, good fuel mileage. I'm getting 42 now. I'm thinking woods 222. What would yall recommend?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Check out the dyno section on the tech forum. Lots of sheets there with 103ci and cams.
Right now the CycleRama 570-2 is the "Go To" cam it seems.
I will suggest that you include in your decision if you plan on doing anything else. If so, pick the cam that will grow with your build

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I used the Woods TW222 cams and I loved them They may cost a little more but they work real good for a touring model. I got mine from Fuel Moto and they will give you the base map for your Power Vision.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Cyclerama 575, plenty of torque all through the power bands for single or two up riding.
Thats what I went with. I don't have a 103 though.

Reactions: Momania

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a dyno sheet posted in the Dyno Section.....Woods-222, pushrods and lifters all from Fuel Moto. Power Vision tuner and 2-1 exhaust.

I'm pretty happy with the tune but I think the dealer left some on the table. Having it tuned by an indy at the end of April, he uses a Mustang dyno so he said the numbers may be off a bit but from what I've heard, he's really good. I'm more interested in the performance than the number......well, kinda ;)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I'll be doing 57H cams in my scooter sometime this Summer if I can catch a rainy weekend, it's a 103 H.O. with a D & D Fatcat and FP3. My previous ride was a 2012 RG with the 103", it had Fuel Moto 2-1-2 pipe with Rush Big Louie mufflers and a Screamin Eagle intake set-up. I ended up sticking Woods 222's in it and they put a big ole smile on my face. One word of caution, if quick soon becomes slow and you get bored, step it up now instead of doing it again later. What I mean by that is the 222's were the cat's ass for awhile, but then I got bored and wanted more power. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I'll be doing 57H cams in my scooter sometime this Summer if I can catch a rainy weekend, it's a 103 H.O. with a D & D Fatcat and FP3. My previous ride was a 2012 RG with the 103", it had Fuel Moto 2-1-2 pipe with Rush Big Louie mufflers and a Screamin Eagle intake set-up. I ended up sticking Woods 222's in it and they put a big ole smile on my face. One word of caution, if quick soon becomes slow and you get bored, step it up now instead of doing it again later. What I mean by that is the 222's were the cat's ass for awhile, but then I got bored and wanted more power. Just my .02
Exactly, what I meant by thinking it thru. If you are the type that gets "Bored", but cams in there that can grow with the build.
Any of the popular cams will perform close to each other, no secret there. Think it through for your end result. What do you want when its all done? Do things once and do it right. It might take a little longer but in the end you will have save money and the most important part is you will be happy with the end result.

I will add, get it tuned properly. No FP3. No canned map. Budget a proper tune by a qualified tuner

·
Registered
176 Posts
Let me add a question. Anyone using or recommend gear drive with the cam install?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
That's a question, that will get you multiple responses, everyone has a favorite, fo me, in the 103 engine, I recommend the Feuling 543 cam or the Kuryakyn 24d cam, both give you plenty of low end and good mid range power. I sure you will get alot of recommendations, on that being said, the Woods 222 are also an excellent choice, good luck.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Forget about gear drive cams the chain drive work just fine in your bike. The gear drive cams worked good for earlier TC88 in engines but since HD upgraded the cam plate when they went to the TC 96 in engines there has been no need for gear drive cams.

Reactions: Road dawg

·
Registered
26 Posts
cams

recently added the CR575 in my shark, pulls from 2200 up and really does not fall off, this was a bolt in only , changed to their lifters, pushrods etc, already had big sucker and Rineharts, really like cam....When I spoke to Wes Brown he said cam came you something to build on as long as you did not go crazy on compression, put in a canned map for Thundermax from Zippers, nice set up for me..0:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Let me add a question. Anyone using or recommend gear drive with the cam install?
Most recommendations require you measure less than 0.002 on your run out. Noisy and leads to a lot of problems as the pinion shaft spec becomes out of place as it exceeds 0.002.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the 57H cams in my 2015 RGS. Really happy with the results. I do about 70/30 1up vs 2up and they work great for both. I run the RCX Tormentor header with RCX 4 1/2 slip ons and an FP3 Tuner. All work together great along with my V&H Naked V02.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ended up going with S&S 570s, i like it but now I gotta figure out why im losing power sometimes

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What do you mean sometimes? Is this an intermittent problem your speaking of or just not happy with the particular cam you selected?:nerd:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went with Andrews 57H Jackpot R&T 2:1 and a big sucker . For me this was perfect and Fuel moto hooked me up good !
The bottom end is about the same as stock but the torque comes on at 2500 and literally doesn't go away ! Power to play with !
Just my $.02 worth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts