Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought my RG was quick, family who ride it say it is as well. But, nothing has been done to the motor.

My motor only has 25k on it, which in my eyes is pretty good for a 2007.

My buddy said I should try finding a 103 motor and just go with that. But, couldn't I get like a Fuel Moto 107" or S&S 107"? I don't know the difference between them, all I know is the Fuel Moto 107" is a few hundred more unless I go with their Ez Kit, which I don't know what's the difference between their two kits.

What is the cheaper, but reliable route? I assume since my mileage is so low, probably should just go with a performance kit rather then buying another motor. I just don't know if I need anything else to make sure the upgrade is reliable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
With only 25 k on the motor there's no way I would replace it.
You should call Jamie @ Fuel Moto and pick his brain. I have never heard
a bad thing said about him. He could also set you up with a map for that
ThunderMax you have. BTW did you put it on your bike yet?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
That's about 2,778 miles per year at 9 years. If you want a bit more torque/HP do a cam install. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With only 25 k on the motor there's no way I would replace it.
You should call Jamie @ Fuel Moto and pick his brain. I have never heard
a bad thing said about him. He could also set you up with a map for that
ThunderMax you have. BTW did you put it on your bike yet?
I might have to email him, thanks. No, I haven't installed it yet due to couldn't get the bike started. I fixed the bike around midnight and left for a business trip that morning.

That's about 2,778 miles per year at 9 years. If you want a bit more torque/HP do a cam install. Good luck.
Yeah, it had I believe 16k miles prior to be buying it 2.5yrs ago. Only been able to ride it about 6 times in the last year due to European weather. I thought engine kits came with cam's?

We have had 107" combo's going back even to the Evo days, that pushed 125/125.
Scott
Scott, how much is your 107" kit?

·
Registered
260 Posts
"Yeah, it had I believe 16k miles prior to be buying it 2.5yrs ago. Only been able to ride it about 6 times in the last year due to European weather. I thought engine kits came with cam's?"

Engine kits do generally come with an appropriate cam. Hillglide was referring to simply doing a cam swap in your current engine as it is now. Not replacing cylinders, heads, pistons, etc.

I did the traditional Stage 1 upgrades and then after my first 1,000 miles, elected to replace the cams in my 103 H.O. I am mostly pleased with the results. It will completely depend on what you are looking to get from the engine. If you have some idea of how much HP/Torque you want, the next question to ask is where do you want it in the RPM range. There are lots of cams to choose from and so many different designs that you would be sure to find something to produce the power where it would best suit your riding style.

c

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
What he said!^^^ 100hp and 110+ tq and I think you will be a happy camper. Thats a huge difference over stock. Keep us posted what you decide on.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Yeah, it had I believe 16k miles prior to be buying it 2.5yrs ago. Only been able to ride it about 6 times in the last year due to European weather. I thought engine kits came with cam's?"

Engine kits do generally come with an appropriate cam. Hillglide was referring to simply doing a cam swap in your current engine as it is now. Not replacing cylinders, heads, pistons, etc.

I did the traditional Stage 1 upgrades and then after my first 1,000 miles, elected to replace the cams in my 103 H.O. I am mostly pleased with the results. It will completely depend on what you are looking to get from the engine. If you have some idea of how much HP/Torque you want, the next question to ask is where do you want it in the RPM range. There are lots of cams to choose from and so many different designs that you would be sure to find something to produce the power where it would best suit your riding style.

c
What he said!^^^ 100hp and 110+ tq and I think you will be a happy camper. Thats a huge difference over stock. Keep us posted what you decide on.
Well, I guess I don't know how much power I want, I guess the most I can get out of a 107" performance kit. Never been on a motorcycle that has 100hp. I believe my first bike (2006 Yamaha Warrior) stock was 75mph and that thing moved.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dude a good cam port and polish go up on the intake valve .30 head gasket and a good tune and you will be happy. A good quality tune is a must!a screaming eagle clutch spring wouldn't hurt.
I used woods tw6/6 cam in my old street glide and it was fun!ask scott at hillside he knows those 96" twin cams better than any body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts