Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided it was time to move to a trike, what I was not going to do was move to a batwing (nothing against batwing's, just not my style) finally found a 2010 RGC with a "Motor Trike" conversion with IRS and mechanical reverse. I put a Willy Shiny 16" 9 spoke wheel and tire on it and fixing to change out the exhaust for a Dragula setup. Trying to unlearn 20 years of motorcycle riding has been difficult. Once you start trusting these trikes, it's amazing how well they corner.

Just think of all that room for Amps and subs :D

I am also going to change out the HD Chopped Tour Pak for a King Tour Pak, if someone has a King and wanting to swap for a Chopped, let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Sweet. I have a friend that has a trike and really likes it.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Sweet looking ride.

Next time I forget to put my foot down when stopped I'm going to a trike or a sidecar.

I'm always torn regarding the engine guard on a trike. It's great for a set of highway pegs or lowers but also not really functional otherwise. You can get the eliminators for the fairing ....

What is your opinion now that you own one, keep the engine guard to retro fit?

Calgaryglide

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet looking ride.

Next time I forget to put my foot down when stopped I'm going to a trike or a sidecar.

I'm always torn regarding the engine guard on a trike. It's great for a set of highway pegs or lowers but also not really functional otherwise. You can get the eliminators for the fairing ....

What is your opinion now that you own one, keep the engine guard to retro fit?

Calgaryglide
I really never thought about it, I like that idea. It has an additional 6 deg of rake on it. Removing the engine guard would help accentuate the additional rake and clean up the front end a little bit. Who makes these eliminators?

·
Super Moderator
13,517 Posts
Nice bike. If you go in the classifieds and try to trade the tour pack, I'm sure it won't take too long.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I really never thought about it, I like that idea. It has an additional 6 deg of rake on it. Removing the engine guard would help accentuate the additional rake and clean up the front end a little bit. Who makes these eliminators?
I have a black crash bar eliminator slighty used no damage,would sell for less then half of what i paid,it retails for a little over $ 80.00 pm if interested

·
Administrator
13,724 Posts
spousal unit and I were talking about this very thing today , she wondered if I had thought about trading on a trike , I told her it would be much cheeper to convert mine than trade and I do have batwing issues ..

Looks great , the extra rake helps a lot .

JtB

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yep had to do my heritage a couple years ago due to knee problems. The knees would lock up and it got so bad I finally dropped the bike in a gas station and broke my fibula requiring a plate with 7 screws. I wish I would have come to the realization earlier. Smart move Jack.

Mine is a Motor Trike as well but solid rear axle, no IRS. The drum brakes are a PITA and been thinking about a Disc brake conversion. Love the mechanical reverse BTW, much nicer than the factory electric reverse, but I do wish it had a parking brake. The rear axle is based on a cut down small Ford axle I was told.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I should not have clicked on that last picture!!! Still makes me queasy just thinking about that plate and screws.

Calgaryglide

·
Administrator
13,724 Posts
I'm undecided on which kit to get , I don't think the IRS is werth the extra grand that most are charging for it , maybe wrong ..

definitely need the reverser , if you have drums , then Motor Trike is out for me ..

FatBaggers , Champion , CSC , Motor Trike all seem the same to me , a wing budd just had a CSC conversion done and it looks great ..

JtB

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm undecided on which kit to get , I don't think the IRS is werth the extra grand that most are charging for it , maybe wrong ..

definitely need the reverser , if you have drums , then Motor Trike is out for me ..

FatBaggers , Champion , CSC , Motor Trike all seem the same to me , a wing budd just had a CSC conversion done and it looks great ..

JtB
I have not ridden a solid axle, this IRS rides like a Cadillac and has the disc brakes.

I am about to become a Lehman/Champion dealer, if you get interested in one of those give me a call and I will sell you one at cost

·
Registered
418 Posts

JtB
Just the Heritage kit has drums the Glide kit is disc supplied. I found a great painter to match the black & silver from the 03 Heritage. Mine has a 6 degree rake on it as well, drove one without and it was a beast to turn.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I should not have clicked on that last picture!!! Still makes me queasy just thinking about that plate and screws.

Calgaryglide
It was the only way they could set it, being so close to the ankle a very small piece of bone above the joint. If you look close you can see the break at an extreme slanted angle. I wish I could find the pictures of the before the plate was put in, now that is a horror story. I had to wait about 10 days for them to get the plate, schedule the surgery and get it done. Just imagine getting off the can with a busted leg.

Yeah I have the doc ready to take the plate and screws out and just got finished with both knees getting worked on (again). Last time he can do the scope thing to them, replacements next time. I just unloaded a u-haul trailer and they hurt like hell right now, so maybe I should have gone full tilt and had the replacements done but the insurance company resisted. Damn Obama care!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.