Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for disconnecting the wire harness from the saddlebag so I can take the bags off to install other hardware?

The right side came apart no problem. The left side on the other hand...been working at it for an hour now. Doesn’t budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still was not able to get this plug disconnected. It was a challenge to get the saddlebag guards rails and the tour-pan quick detach kit installed without scratching any paint but I was able to get the job done without a single scratch.

If anyone has a recommendation for how to unplug the harness from the bag to I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That fitting is AWFUL. Just keep working on it, there's not a thing you can do to make it easier. Make sure you've got each of the release clips depressed and gently rock it back and forth as you pull. Once its out, the best way to make sure it doesn't happen again is to completely remove that Boom system, throw it in the nearest trash can and put something different in your bike that will sound better and be a million times easier to take apart when you need to.

The fitting will come apart but it truly is terrible. Option B is take it to the dealer and have them do it. Looks pretty new. Maybe they can show you the trick.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Only thing I can add and that's from my experience with the power lock plug on mine which is considerably smaller is to push the two ends together then spring the release clips. Almost a three handed ordeal. Maybe a little dielectric grease on the housing when you get them apart may help the next time.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those are plastic pins to fill a hole in the connector where wire isn’t being used. It’s to keep the connector waterproof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having the same issue with removing that clip. I have a detail shop and needed to get the bags off to clean properly. I read this page, tried the tips with not much success. But, I did find a pretty easy way to remove them. Once I did this, it slid right off. All I did was take a flat head screw driver, tuck it right behind the end of the raised part of the locking piece. Pull back at the wires and slight twist the flat head to move to locking piece backwards. Once you see it move back a bit, do the same from the bottom. A few twist to help push the clip back and it will come right off. I hope this helps someone else!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts