Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken Sancho wing and I need to replace it but I would like to know if anyone has removed their Sancho Wings and if the 2 sided tape damaged the paint when it was removed. I was thinking that heating the tape with a hair dryer would help, but I would like some suggestions.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Heat it up then use waxed dental floss or fishing line to "saw" under the wing (breaking the adhesive). Should come right up. You can use Goo Gone (or anything similar) to remove the remaining adhesive. I've debadged cars, trucks and bikes (including my own) many times this way. Never had a paint issue that wasn't already there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've taken mine off time after time using this method and never had a problem.

Your Wings may be removed by removing the screw. After removing the screw stand beside your Road Glide, facing forward, and pulling the Wing towards you. The tape will stick to the deflector and must be replaced when re-installed using 3M Super Strength Molding Tape, part # 03614, available at any automotive store.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a broken Sancho wing and I need to replace it but I would like to know if anyone has removed their Sancho Wings and if the 2 sided tape damaged the paint when it was removed. I was thinking that heating the tape with a hair dryer would help, but I would like some suggestions.
If you have a painted inner fairing, a lot depends on the quality of the underlying paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts