Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, just getting back into riding. I bought a 2012 Ultra. I am going to need a set of tires soon just curious on what is a good voice and what people's opinions are.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Well here it goes, tires, mufflers , cams are mostly all based on preference IMO, my 2 cents i went with the Dunlop American Elites and love them, i think they are better than my stock OE dunlops a step better i would say and a better looking tire, also made in good ole U S of A. You will get alot of good options and opinions from several members, and i will say that there are plenty of good choices. For me this was my choice, Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Another one here who likes the Dunlop elite, I've tried a few others and still prefer the Dunlop.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Dunlop American Elite second generation are great tires. Avon are the softest but you won't get many miles out of them.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
so many fanboys for the american elite, i'm gonna have to be different..........

ah, hell, who am i kidding? the elites are awesome.

when i was shopping for mine, every place that i checked all had them for the same price. so check a few out, check out their shipping policies, whether they have them in stock, etc. and then order from whomever you like best.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
American Elite; Revzilla. Crazy difference over stock. Had Commander II on my last ride, great handling and wear, AE is smoother on straight line to me...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
For the members that many different brands on their bagger, what tire handles the best wet or dry? Ill be buying tires soon and Im not really digging for the ones HD puts on the bike

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Here's another vote for Michelin Commander II's.
I bought them from Jake Wilson last season.
I had Avon's on before and loved the ride and handling but like was stated before they don't last long.
The Michelin's also handle very well in the rain too.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Well boys, just getting back into riding. I bought a 2012 Ultra. I am going to need a set of tires soon just curious on what is a good voice and what people's opinions are.
Wherever you buy tires, online or brick & mortar, verify the dates on them. You can tell manufacture date by looking on the sidewall for DOT and some letters/numbers. The last 4 digits represent the week & year of manufacture. For example DOT...4816 translates to the 48th week of 2016. I wouldn't buy anything older than a year or so. Likely, you'll find much newer tires for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts