Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not understand why my dunlops howl when you bank on them. Is this an indication i need to replace them?

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
17000 miles on them.
It's cupped, will make that sound in the curves. I rode on mine for a few k without issue before I bought a new one.

·
Registered
512 Posts
They are probably cupped. Dunlops are bad about this. Replace them both.
I have never gotten 17k miles out of any MC tire.

I have Bridgestones on my metric bikes, been happy with them. I think I am going that route with my HD next time.
Battlecruise H50s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheels and Tires

They are probably cupped. Dunlops are bad about this. Replace them both.
I have never gotten 17k miles out of any MC tire.

I have Bridgestones on my metric bikes, been happy with them. I think I am going that route with my HD next time.
Battlecruise H50s
On my 2016 FLTRXS at 24000 Km I replaced the OEM Dunlops with Mitchy Commander II, looking for better wet grip. The wet grip improvement was marginal but the Commander's did not cup as badly as the Dunflaps, however, the front tire was noisy from new. I have just fitted Battlecruise H50s at 48,000 km. As it stands at the moment with less than 1000km on the new tires, I think they are the best tire I have ever fitted to anything. Wet weather handling and milage are yet to be tested. Handling is VERY good (only dry so far) There is no road noise. Turn-in better and holds the line better. I know it sounds silly, but they seem smoother. Can't wait for this drought to break to test them in the wet. Currently running 38psi F and 42psi R. I heard back from the Bridgestone rep today that I should run the manual pressures ie 36F 40R

·
Registered
32 Posts
My OEM Dunlops did the same thing at about 11K miles...replaced front and back over the Winter and I felt like I had a new bike when I replaced the tires...at 17K miles you'll definitely feel like your riding a new bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts