Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RGS, just replaced the OE tires with American Elite. For those that have ran Commander II's and AE, in your opinion which is better in the rain?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Perrilli Night Dragons are the best harley tire!
What kind of milage you getting out of that Tire? And why is it so cheap?

When it's time for new tires on my 16 it will be AE or the new E4.

Get 25k out of my last E3.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Any long lasting hard compound tire is going to require conservative riding in the rain.

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 tire is the best rain tire I have ever run. It is a sport touring tire though. Not sure if they make RG sizes or whether you want to have to change a tire at 10,000 miles or less.

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
I use the American Elite , my OEM rear went 27000 , then it was replaced with American Elite , that I replaced yesterday , right at 30000 .. With another AE ..

The night dragon cost just as much as the AE .. Dont think that you will get the mileage that you will with the AE .. I did put an Avon Cobra on the front a change back , it stuck real good , but like the Dunlop better .. Almost put a Cobra on the rear last change , but the AE works well for me ..

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I run the Commander II's and I didn't like the way they handled on wet roads, the Commander II's also cracked on me which was the main reason I went back to the Dunlop tires.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"When it's time for new tires on my 16 it will be AE or the new E4."

E4 not available for your front, And the 180/16 rear they offer is a radial. Just sayin.

dozer23, Pirelli ND's are made in Brazil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts