Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for new tires on my 2013 RG, I have stock wheels and wondered what is the best tires and sizes for me to get? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Stay oem size , Dunlop American Elite second generation tires are as good as the HD version.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, got to be a couple that are comprable. I dont want to change tire size, just maybe a tire that someone doesnt charge a crapload of money for having a little bar and shield on the side...

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm on my 3rd set on the '11 RGU, just put a new front on. I'm sticking with Michelin Commander II, great traction, great wear and at motorcycle super store online they are way cheaper than buying the bar & shield brand.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I switched to the Michelins as above...night and day difference in every respect..after the install I was caught off guard on a highway entrance..it turned so much better..the radius was almost instant...better in the rain also..

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I last ran Michelin Commander II and was very pleased with performance and mileage. I just purchased a set of Dunlop American Elites. I got the set for $309 with a $50 rebate so I decided to switch

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I last ran Michelin Commander II and was very pleased with performance and mileage. I just purchased a set of Dunlop American Elites. I got the set for $309 with a $50 rebate so I decided to switch
How do they ride comparably?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm going for the Michelin Comm 2's on my RGU. Have had good luck with them on my other 2 bikes.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Michelin Commander II's going on my '13 RGC Thurs

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had my Dunlop American Elites installed last week. Got a 250 mile ride in on Saturday and I am very happy!!! It even rained and was impressed with the wet traction. I think they ride much better than the stock Dunlops.

Also installed the 82 degree tire valves....worth every penny!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Avon is sticky for me

·
Registered
510 Posts
I switched to the Michelins as above...night and day difference in every respect..after the install I was caught off guard on a highway entrance..it turned so much better..the radius was almost instant...better in the rain also..
+1 on the Commander II's performance.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Stay oem size , Dunlop American Elite second generation tires are as good as the HD version.
I am getting better mileage out of these than stock. I usually get about 8,000 out of a stock rear tire and I am at 10,000 on the American Elite II and it still looks almost new. I have run stock, metzler 880, michelin com II. I did not get the mileage that others did (I got about the same as stock) with the Michelin and I went through the Metz too fast about 5-6000 miles).

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
An other member said he had similar problems with Michelin Com 2s and went to their tent at Sturgis last year and they still did nothing. A lot of peeps complain about the tire being slippery in wet weather. Others love them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts