Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a tmax tuner, bike keeps going into limp mode.
cleaned battery connections, ecm connector, throttle body connector and applied dielectric. ?? any suggestions?
had no issues with bike before.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I can't say as I don't own one but thought that would be the way to go . Have not heard of many problems with the Tmax either.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Zippers is a sponsor now here on the forum. You'll see their add in the side bar or above. Shoot them a pm and I am sure they'll help you.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Try disconnecting the wires to the throttle body, grease and reconnect. I had an issue once, sent an email that night, answered the next morning.

·
Registered
574 Posts
installed a tmax tuner, bike keeps going into limp mode.
cleaned battery connections, ecm connector, throttle body connector and applied dielectric. ?? any suggestions?
had no issues with bike before.
If you already have help no problem, but what exactly do you mean by "limp mode"

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
My front 02 sensor didnt connect as easily as the rear. Make sure you here a snap when you connect them. And use dielectric grease.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Call Zipper's. They will help. I had the issue before and after installing my Tmax tuner. I talked to them in Daytona. There is a service bulletin on the throttle actuator if you get code P1511 - Throttle actuator control power management failure.

I made sure all connections - O2 sensors, Tmax ECM and throttle control were clean and sealed with dielectric grease. Haven't had the problem since. Just make sure you clear the codes if you are getting them.

Here is how to check and clear the codes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTy_JKI9cQ0. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
On the side window you can click on "module configurations" and then you will see diagnostic codes click on diagnostic codes and you will see a page that will show you the codes and the problems related to the code. There will be 4 pages of codes to check so make sure you check all the pages before you click on clear codes located at the bottom of the page. Did you use dielectric grease on the ECM plug? Make sure you have your PC linked to the ECM when you check codes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah was getting codes 2176 and 1511, limp mode - start up bike it revs to maybe 1800rpm twist throttle and nothing happens, pretty cool s**t yes.

emailed tmax and they did respond quickly. but while I was waiting I removed cleaned and applied dielectric to - battery connections (also charged bat), ecm plug and throttle body connection. so far all is ok no codes no limpy.

still like carbs. rejet no popping no limp mode ah the good old days when men were men and sheep were afraid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts