Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent week in Pigeon Forge - has become annual trip for me. Anyhow, this year was a struggle - heavy rain almost every day. Still got to ride local areas (including Gatlinburg), Dragon, Foothills Pkwy, Hwy 28 Deals Gap to Bryson City and Cherokee and BRP (about 50 miles in).

Have to admit riding in so much rain was not my favorite but still a beautiful area and had a great time.

One cool thing I did this year was attend the 4th of July parade in Gatlinburg - starts at MIDNIGHT! Awesome event - highly recommend if you are ever in area.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just did a trip last weekend from Atlanta to Asheville and back with a night's stay in Highlands, NC. Road some of those same roads. Was 50% chance of rain the whole trip BUT never got wet. I feel for ya man, I've ridden many times in heavy rain but doing it on some of those mountain roads sucks!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just got back last night from week long trip to Asheville. Lots of rain but got some beautiful riding in. Downtown had lots of great brewery's and amazing food. I will definitely be doing that trip again. Came back through Helen GA. Stopped at Hog pen gap for a beer and that town was packed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts