Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on a ride to raliegh nc for a conference (9/20 - 9/22) I am looking for good roads to ride on the way.
here is my agenda (city listed is end of day)

9/16 St Louis
9/17 Lynnchburgh TN via SR129 from I65 to lynnchburgh
9/18 Robbinsville NC via us41A, US41, Harrison TN, Cleavland TN, Tellico Plains, Cherohala Skyway
9/19 Boone NC via DRAGON, foothills parkway, little river rd (great smokeys) US441, Asheville, Blue ridge parkway to Boone
9/20 Boone to Raleigh, shortest route. MRF MOTM conference
9/21 MRF MOTM Conference
9/22 MRF MOTM Conference
9/23 SR 16 into VA, WV,
9/24 Newmartinsvills WV via SR16
9/25 - 9/28 ??? making way home.

any suggestions or alternate routes?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i am planning on a ride to raliegh nc for a conference (9/20 - 9/22) I am looking for good roads to ride on the way.
here is my agenda (city listed is end of day)

9/16 St Louis
9/17 Lynnchburgh TN via SR129 from I65 to lynnchburgh
9/18 Robbinsville NC via us41A, US41, Harrison TN, Cleavland TN, Tellico Plains, Cherohala Skyway
9/19 Boone NC via DRAGON, foothills parkway, little river rd (great smokeys) US441, Asheville, Blue ridge parkway to Boone
9/20 Boone to Raleigh, shortest route. MRF MOTM conference
9/21 MRF MOTM Conference
9/22 MRF MOTM Conference
9/23 SR 16 into VA, WV,
9/24 Newmartinsvills WV via SR16
9/25 - 9/28 ??? making way home.

any suggestions or alternate routes?
If you are coming south to KC, try US-75. From KC to St. Louis, try US-50.
This assumes you want to avoid Interstates.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are coming south to KC, try US-75. From KC to St. Louis, try US-50.
This assumes you want to avoid Interstates.
want to make miles the first couple days. Got to be at the conference, and want to spend some good riding days around the Great Smokies.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Shortest route Boone to Raleigh is hwy 321 down the mountain all the way to Hickory, NC where you pick up I-40 and then it's 199 miles to the Capitol.

Off the BRP you pick 181 and that takes you on the backside of Boone. It's a nice ride and you can go to Grandfather Mountain too.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Shortest route Boone to Raleigh is hwy 321 down the mountain all the way to Hickory, NC where you pick up I-40 and then it's 199 miles to the Capitol.

Off the BRP you pick 181 and that takes you on the backside of Boone. It's a nice ride and you can go to Grandfather Mountain too.
I grew up in Boone, and live near Raleigh. By far the fastest route is 421E to Winston Salem, then 40 to Raleigh. Four lane highway the entire way.
Enjoy the riding, it is a beautiful part of the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts