Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Making a Bonzai trip leaving san Berdoo this afternoon going home to TN plan on riding straight through. Any of you out on I40 wave as i go by. Riding the Glide

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I rode back on I-40 from the IE to Tennessee last month.
I stopped for a friend and then up to SWII.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I drove the large car from Los Ángeles to Louisville back in the day without stopping just to see if I could do it....by the time I got to Missouri I was hallucinating like a big dog but made it. 2100 miles in around 36 hours back in the days when it was 55 miles an hour all the way across....course I only had to stop for fuel twice.

Have fun & ride safe!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made it 34hrs 2200miles. I got drenched in Hesperia by a thunderstorm it was raining so hard the cagers stopped on the freeway. I had my chaps on pulled under a bridge and put liner in my breatheable jacket and kept going. Traffic was bumper to bumper until I made the right onto I40 then I let the Glide run. There were a few construction delays a couple more thunderstorms with lots of lightning and several big truck accident scenes they can't seem to keep those rigs between the lines and on the road. The only close call was an idiot on his cell phone and a fawn the walked onto the road. I saw lots of bikes in Texas mostly going west.
I definetly have to put some kind of driving /road lights on this bike. Night riding in rural America is dark. I rode with the highbeams on most of the time it was the only way to see the sides of the road and the deer. Going to go outside now hop on the Deere mow some grass and breathe the clean fresh TN air.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Two weeks ago, my time from W.TN to SB was 36 Hours. Rode at 70 MPH the whole way and got 50 MPG. I stopped in Gallop for a few hours rest. I hit my rain just west of Gallop NM as I left. It was still a great ride.

I miss the Green of Tennessee. Ride safe.!!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Great time Demonge! I hear you about the lights but all is good when they're on Hi-beam. When I went out west I kept mine on bright, I could see well and noone seemed to mind.

Unfortunately for you Klingon your time doesnt count. If you stopped to 'rest' it makes your time null and void! Perhaps you need to upgrade your Bird of Prey to this years model if you needed to stop and break. Hell I did it 30 years ago in a first generation Starship and made it without stopping! LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where are you in West TN. I am in Middle TN 40 miles south of Cookeville

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Great time Demonge! I hear you about the lights but all is good when they're on Hi-beam. When I went out west I kept mine on bright, I could see well and noone seemed to mind.

Unfortunately for you Klingon your time doesnt count. If you stopped to 'rest' it makes your time null and void! Perhaps you need to upgrade your Bird of Prey to this years model if you needed to stop and break. Hell I did it 30 years ago in a first generation Starship and made it without stopping! LOL
I was not going for an "Iron Butt" ride. I was trying. I was trying to extend my time in the world of natural green grass.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I rode it back left Wednesday afternoon made it too Albuquerque (i think i spelled that right) Where I hit major thunderstorms. I rode on to Grant and pulled in and spent the night. I decided that riding at night in heavy rain and sleet with 1/2 hail was not going to be fun. I got up in the morning had a nice brakfast and rode the rest of the way to Ca. I put 4800 miles on this week. Over all the trip was uneventful. The Glide is the way to Ride. I need to change the bars to what I have on my Ultra Classic but very happy otherwise. I averaged 41.44MPG traveling 75 - 80+ the whole trip. The engine definetly likes non Ethanol fuel better economy and power. The people traveling in Ca really get raped on fuel prices. 4.31 a gal for 91 octane 10% ethanol I bought non etahnol added 93 octane in TN for 3.71.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts