Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw the tread scootin made awhile back bout the new rubber trim with the loops behind the shield. well i got it the other day and just installed on my harley windshield (not the stock short a lil taller one). anyway mine still sags a bit on both sides of the middle like some other ppl posted. its not bad enough like before to see paint but wondering if anyone tried to glue it and how it worked out? looks good just bugs me there in the middle. so if you glued it what'd you use and the outcome please. thanks guys

·
Registered
578 Posts
consider dropping the rubber trim all together. it jacks up the paint for many. if I hadnt jacked up my paint with the Kuryakyn windshield trim, I would have just rocked my Klock Werks Flare without any rubber trim at all. Looks nice without the trim. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
815 Posts
consider dropping the rubber trim all together. it jacks up the paint for many. if I hadnt jacked up my paint with the Kuryakyn windshield trim, I would have just rocked my Klock Werks Flare without any rubber trim at all. Looks nice without the trim. Just my .02 cents.
personally thats what i am doing...no more fighting the rubber trim :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am using the rubber trim that came with the Madstad that I sold for my Clearview shield....works great doesn't come loose anywhere.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had enough of mine always sagging and or simply looking like #%^* So I dumped it and went with the no well nut windscreen mod. Way better and no more sagging rubber!

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
or you can go with the cvo trim. it fits much better than the u-channel type trim. it fits behind the shield and just up the bottom edge of the shield. runs about $30.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I used a product called GOOP. It's an adhesive that drys clear. Any excess can be rubbed away after it dries. It has worked well for me for over 18 months. Two trips to Laughlin Run and one to SWIII and holding strong. It can be purchased at Home Depot.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Ditto...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
or you can go with the cvo trim. it fits much better than the u-channel type trim. it fits behind the shield and just up the bottom edge of the shield. runs about $30.
Yep, you can order just the CVO gasket. Part number is 57660-09 list price is $32.50. Probably get it for less. I have 2, would sell one if someone were interested. Another good alternative is the mounting kit Freedom uses. He'll sell you the U shaped trim and mounting hardware for < $20.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I'm in the process of putting my bike back together now, I'm going to try an auto trim I was told about, I'll post how it does or doesn't work.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I didn't see that thread. Is it the CVO seal? I priced one today about $89.95. Mine looks better good, no way would I pay that much. Damn Skippy. $32.00, where would that dealer be located??

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I didn't see that thread. Is it the CVO seal? I priced one today about $89.95. Mine looks better good, no way would I pay that much. Damn Skippy. $32.00, where would that dealer be located??
have your dealer look in the 2009 cvo roadglide parts manual. it has had a price increase, so msrp is now $40.46, but you can get that from a discount dealer for less.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dropped the rubber trim all together and I think it looks nice and clean.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't use rubbers :D

Took my trim off a long time ago...looks better IMO

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
have your dealer look in the 2009 cvo roadglide parts manual. it has had a price increase, so msrp is now $40.46, but you can get that from a discount dealer for less.
I bought one last year for $32, then I bought a CVO shield and gasket from another forum member and now have 2, willing to sell one for $25 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one last year for $32, then I bought a CVO shield and gasket from another forum member and now have 2, willing to sell one for $25 if anyone is interested.
Noticed what u where asking for trim after I sent the pm. I could inbox u my number to text me I pic if u would b willing. (Its alot of wrk for me to upload) I would like to compare the CVO trim to what I already hav...thanx n advance

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I ended up going with X trim, works great.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 20 of 27 Posts