Discussion Starter #1
Really need a getaway! That’s all folks!:serious:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good Jack, send pics!
I wish; not going anywhere except my usual "close to home" country roads. Thank God I have those! Hope to make the Patti's run in October; we'll see.

Reactions: Desert Rider AZ

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am in need to vacate this rat race as well..... hopefully, if my ride-brother gets his rig back, we will be taking a trip to the dino bbq this Saturday......just sayin. I haven't been there, but I hear good things about the ride there and the food. Syracuse here we come!....soon!..

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Before Patti's Run need to go see my Doc a quick 3000 mile round trip to New England get back change the fluids a run to Clarksville
Being retired is a bitch LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got someone to cover me at work so I am heading out to Bikes Blues and BBQ. Man do I sure need it. Got the Stepdaughter moved back in and her 2 boys (6yrs old and 1 month old). Really need some time away.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Finally got someone to cover me at work so I am heading out to Bikes Blues and BBQ. Man do I sure need it. Got the Stepdaughter moved back in and her 2 boys (6yrs old and 1 month old). Really need some time away.
Feeling that whole "crowded house" thing myself brother! Considering a run down the west coast of Florida to the Keys myself...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before Patti's Run need to go see my Doc a quick 3000 mile round trip to New England get back change the fluids a run to Clarksville
Being retired is a bitch LOL
Bob, you’re breaking my heart over here! :crying::crying::wink: Honestly, happy for ya bro! :grin:

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ENJOY! ONE of these years.........:surprise:...... I will make that run! Lord willing; & I sure hope He’s willing 0:)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,099 Posts
Feeling that whole "crowded house" thing myself brother! Considering a run down the west coast of Florida to the Keys myself...
BobRG15 and I (and the ladies) are headed to Key West for Thanksgiving weekend, should be a blast. I've driven to Key West before but have never ridden there. The ride down should be spectacular. Most difficult part will be keeping my eyes on the road instead of the aqua ocean waters on both sides of the road/bridges.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
BobRG15 and I (and the ladies) are headed to Key West for Thanksgiving weekend, should be a blast. I've driven to Key West before but have never ridden there. The ride down should be spectacular. Most difficult part will be keeping my eyes on the road instead of the aqua ocean waters on both sides of the road/bridges.
You will need to check out Hog Heaven Sports Bar and Grill on the way down or back located at 85361 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036. Good eats

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
You can do both if you leave enough room between you and those in front of you. No real curves per se to watch out for and not left turners on those bridges. :grin: If you haven't before, you need to try some Conch Fritters while you are there.

Got my Mile Zero Sticker while I was there. :)

Camping on the base was $12 a night.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Really need a getaway! That’s all folks!:serious:
Hang in there Jack. I would love to be home riding all the wonderful local roads.

Not much for street riding on the Redneck Riviera. At least I found some good off-road riding around. You do have to be careful for UXO though.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hang in there Jack. I would love to be home riding all the wonderful local roads.

Not much for street riding on the Redneck Riviera. At least I found some good off-road riding around. You do have to be careful for UXO though.
I'm hanging man but now that school has started for my wife and with her work schedule not much available time unless I'm willing to fork out $11 per for someone to come in and sit with mom.......gonna shut up now & focus on the blessings of a "GREAT" wife willing to help with mom and the strength to take care of mom; I really need to just "be grateful". UXO's; I'll pass, but have fun!:grin::grin::wink:

Reactions: twowheeladdict
1 - 20 of 32 Posts