Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am struggling with what seems to be a ridiculous dilemma that I think just means that I have more money than brains... not that I have a lot of money - just light on brains I guess.

On my 2013 Road Glide I put the J&M Rokker 500 watt 4 speaker setup with speakers in the saddlebag lids. I loved it and never had a problem so when I got my 2015 I just assumed I'd spend the $1,800+ and do the same setup again. Now that I'm about to pull the trigger on the order though, I'm rethinking a bit.

The 330 watt 2 speaker J&M Rokker setup will push 165 watts to the two front speakers.

The 500 watt 4 speaker J&M Rokker setup will push 125 watts to the two fronts and two rears.

I don't think I ever heard the rears while going down the road on my 2013, so my tiny brain is telling me to go with the 330 system and put more sound in my face and keep $1,000 in my wallet. But my big ego is tugging at me because I want my new ride to be better than my old one when I'm done and more is better.

Any thoughts? I'd particularly like to hear from anyone that has the 330 watt system or 500 watt system with lid speakers.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Personally... I like my lids with sound... my bride can hear them just fine. Now of course, anything over 25mph, I DON'T. I just transplanted my Soundz Customz Level IV system from my 14 SGS to my 15 RGS and it sounds fantastic. The biggest benefit was the high increase in bass response from the front Focal 165KRC's. It has to be the difference in pod size from the SGS to the RGS... the RGS pods are WAY bigger and must allow the speakers to move a lot more.

If you don't want lids, go with lowers and get more sound in your face.... that's another option for you... one I am still debating to add to my sled.

All said and done.... my system was $2150 ( this includes lids, grills and hardware ) 4 speaker Level IV system is $1550 to your door ( See my sig below )

· Registered
3,265 Posts
I'd go w/the Cyclesound double up lids. That's the ones that have a pair of 6x9's in each lid, if I don't have the correct name of the lid posted. Go w/them and a 400 watt 4 channel amp from Hawg-Wired for my Rears...but that's just me!...heard ya cant add 2 more speakers in the fairing on a 2015? uno, the ones ya gotta cut holes out for? that run parallel to the forks??? but, if ya could!...? i'd do that up front...but that's just me!:serious:

· Registered
81 Posts
I like the look of the glossy lid too much to cut into it and or change it for a speaker. I think if I were to want to add more sound I too would go for a set of lowers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.