Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Step away from the paint can and no one gets hurt. Lol.

Do you like it? It's a bit much for me. But I don't have to ride it. Or next to it. Jk....

Whatever you like bud. It's your ride.

I'm an old chrome whore myself.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Do you like it? It's a bit much for me. But I don't have to ride it. Or next to it. Jk....

I'm totally down with and am one of the biggest advocates of "to each his own", you can see I'm not much of a chrome guy on this bike. From the start of my red powdercoating, I thought those would look cool painted red. But I think the bottom of that part just doesn't flow well with the bike and it sticks out painted red. Not sure yet, jury's still out on this one.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

Now that was some funny shit!!! I'm a chrome guy but my last bike was blacked out except for the exhaust. I've actually been thinking about putting a black mag wheel up front.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As you know and have stated "each to his own" so really it only matters if you like it.

For me I think it attracts the eye to those parts and makes one focus on them. They are not parts that I want to make the focus of the bike.

I could see if you left them predominately black and matched the red pin stripe that is on the rest of the bike. It would dress them up but not make them stand out and over power the other parts.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me I think it attracts the eye to those parts and makes one focus on them. They are not parts that I want to make the focus of the bike.

I could see if you left them predominately black and matched the red pin stripe that is on the rest of the bike. It would dress them up but not make them stand out and over power the other parts.
This has a lot of merit.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like the pushrod covers & footboard pans. I think the horn & the deflectors are a bit much but may look better with red side panels. Personally I typically prefer a single color bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I like the red on the mid frame deflector. It flows with the stripes on the bike. But the rest of the parts in red just look too busy and don't really flow well with the bike. But that's just my opinion which amounts to jack squat!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I'm totally down with and am one of the biggest advocates of "to each his own", you can see I'm not much of a chrome guy on this bike. From the start of my red powdercoating, I thought those would look cool painted red. But I think the bottom of that part just doesn't flow well with the bike and it sticks out painted red. Not sure yet, jury's still out on this one.
Take the back to black and paint the midframe air deflector trim red. Maybe that will give you the effect you want and not be overbearing.

https://goo.gl/images/6YDx7A

·
Registered
350 Posts
As you know and have stated "each to his own" so really it only matters if you like it.

he read my mind, The bike is HOT but i feel you took a wrong turn ...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Stop thinking about it and ride it. Your too close to the project. Walk away from it and just go riding. In a couple of weeks you'll know what you want and or what works for you.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
It works with the rest of the red but IMO it's a little much. What was stated is true, it's your bike and if you like it who gives a "F" what the masses think. You did ask for thoughts so if it were me I would go back to black. I do this kind of stuff all the time. Some times it works and sometimes it just doesn't.
When it doesn't I just put it back to the norm. Your bike does look badass thou for sure.
Swomack

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Too much mix & match, no real rithim . If it floats your boat .........

You should have used plasta dip. Comes right off if you change your mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts