Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
All K&N's (Harley brand or otherwise) require oil to work properly. Some of the newer Harley Screaming Eagle filters are dry filters (not K&N) - no oil required - easy cleaning.

·
Registered
74 Posts
some filters like k&n need oil to catch the very small particles or it just goes right in the intake and thru motor, which can cause damage

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was surprised my filter is a dry filter (marked on filter - no oil). I had stage 1 done before I picked bike up (was new, showroom floor to service dept) and was told it would be K&N. Thought all K&N's were oiled. There's a very good writeup/comparison of filters on this site, K&N doesn't rate well for engine protection. That said I am planning on changing out football anyway, when I do I will do much better research before picking next air intake. Some day, 2 in college right now, no extra funds available.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Our Ful-Flo filters,(3.5" thick, and the largest to fit under a football cover) manufactured by Green Filter, Brodock, PA, are designed to run completely dry.
Scott

·
Banned
94 Posts
check with the mnufacture.if its ment to be oiled,oil it or like said earlier,it wont catch smaller particles.if ment to be dry,you ruin the element if oiled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts