Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was leaving work today and stopped to get gas fired the bike up and i heard a lifter rattle just slightly,looked at my pressure gauge and its at zero rev it to 2000 and i get 5 lbs,good news is that the HD shop that has the best rep in town is right across the street,so that is were i left my bike today,bummer.More than likely the by pass valve is stuck i hope that's all that's wrong.Was just looking at some 10 to 1 pistons so thats on hold till i hear from them.At least it isnt full blown riding season yet.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Was leaving work today and stopped to get gas fired the bike up and i heard a lifter rattle just slightly,looked at my pressure gauge and its at zero rev it to 2000 and i get 5 lbs,good news is that the HD shop that has the best rep in town is right across the street,so that is were i left my bike today,bummer.More than likely the by pass valve is stuck i hope that's all that's wrong.Was just looking at some 10 to 1 pistons so thats on hold till i hear from them.At least it isnt full blown riding season yet.
Sorry to hear your news.
Hopefully it's something that can be fixed quickly.
Is your bike still under warranty?
My bike will be in the shop this Saturday for it's third primary fix. Good Luck Road Brother.
Swomack

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No warranty all out of my pocket.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
That sound odd for a fairly new bike how many miles on her, how often do you change the oil and may I ask what kind of oil do you run? just trying to wrap my head around your problem.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sound odd for a fairly new bike how many miles on her, how often do you change the oil and may I ask what kind of oil do you run? just trying to wrap my head around your problem.
29,000 miles I run Lucas 20 50 full syn and HD filters,change every 4 to 5 k.Got a call from the service manager today said that last night at closing they were putting the bikes up so he went to push mine in and decided to start it first,said as soon as he thumb the button straight up to 32 lbs at cold idle(this is normal) so he said he let it run till it went to hot idle held at 7 lbs,said it may have gotten a small piece of dirt around the check valve,not sure where it came from,so they are going to keep it for a few days a ride it every day to see what happens.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Well that's good news, hopefully you can get away cheap, haven't heard to many issues with oil psi especially always changing your oil to keep it clean, check valves now that I hear now and then, keep me posted and good luck.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked to the HD shop today,our plan of attack is to check the crankshaft for run out if it is within spec told them to install SE cam plate and pump,also add some 10 to 1 forged pistons with .03 cometic head gaskets to set compression around 10.2 to 10.4,then when my TTS tuner comes in will have it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Talked to the HD shop today,our plan of attack is to check the crankshaft for run out if it is within spec told them to install SE cam plate and pump,also add some 10 to 1 forged pistons with .03 cometic head gaskets to set compression around 10.2 to 10.4,then when my TTS tuner comes in will have it dyno tuned.
Sounds like a plan...

Remembering that for when I want to get into
some of reds2 shoes & hat $$

·
Registered
219 Posts
If your going to pay out of pocket I would strongly recommend not installing SE Cam Plate but going to the S&S blue cam plate and oil pump.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your going to pay out of pocket I would strongly recommend not installing SE Cam Plate but going to the S&S blue cam plate and oil pump.
I had a SE cam plate and pump in my last bike with no issues,i can get the se unit 350 the S&S is 700 other than the adjustable check valve i dont see 350 bucks worth of difference.JMO

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If someone has an intense raging need for the "blue" plate/pump from S&S, why not go right to the inovator/designer/manufacturer of the original?!?.............Thayers Sales & Service, Corfu, NY.
He should be recieving royalty checks from them..........:(
Scott

·
Registered
219 Posts
If someone has an intense raging need for the "blue" plate/pump from S&S, why not go right to the inovator/designer/manufacturer of the original?!?.............Thayers Sales & Service, Corfu, NY.

Scott

·
Registered
365 Posts
Scott
Are you saying that Thayers is selling an original design? All I see is S&S, Jims, Feuling and Drag Specialties on his site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to check on getting extended warranty Holly will finance that I just we did mine on a 2009 Road Glide for three years all the way to the .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts