Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So who is going to attend the 30th Annual Tomahawk (Wisconsin) Fall Ride? Tomahawk is located approx 40 miles north of Wausau on US 51.

Here's a link to the weekend event: http://www.tomahawkfallride.com/ Make sure you check out the different events&locations by clicking on the Entertainment tab near top of website.

Also, here's a link to a PDF file of the 50-page pocket handout you will be able to pickup when at event: http://www.tomahawkleader.com/attachments/2011/FallRide2011.pdf
There's a town map on page 50 with key locations marked.

I'm hoping we can plan a location to meet up during the weekend. I'll throw out either:
- 4PM on Friday if we want to group ride in the Thunder Parade (5PM staging/6PM parade start), OR
- 8AM Saturday at Sara Park for the pancake breakfast (demo rides start at 9AM).

Harley will have their demo fleet available at Sara Park this year.
- Thu 12PM to 4PM
- Fri 9AM to 4PM
- Sat 9AM to 4PM
- NO Sunday demo rides this year.

Camping at Bubba's Big Party location actually starts on Sept 14th. If you don't have a motel room reserved yet, you maybe able to find rooms in in nearby towns of Rhinelander(20 miles), Minocqua(25 miles) or Wausau(40 miles).​

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, lets try to meet up somewhere. As Dan knows, I live in Tomahawk and would enjoy meeting some forum members. We always ride in the parade and usually gather with a few local friends at the high school near a maintenance building that's located at the southwest corner of the property.

Personally though, I like the Saturday morning at Sara Park idea best.

For those who aren't familar with the Tomahawk Fall Ride, it brings an estimated 40,000 people into our little town of 3700 population. There's street dances both Friday and Saturday nights, TONS of vendors all over town, a huge party and more vendors out at Bubba's north of town about 5 miles, and all sorts of activities and demo rides at Sara Park located just west of the downtown area.

Lets meet up..

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting an early start, leaving for Tomahawk Tuesday night. Per current weather reports entire weekend should be dry with sunny 60s for highs...just a little cooler at night. ;) Perfect weather for riding in the northwoods.

Anyone from here that wants to meet up sometime, just leave me a PM and I will check this site sporacticly while I'm up there.

The indy shop in town, Lincoln County Cycles, has moved to new location out near US51/Cty86 interchange. Should be a good time there with bands, vendors, etc. I've heard Kuryakyn, Klockwerks and more will be onsite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts