Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run a v n h pro pipe 2-1 chrome with the boom audio speakers and no amp. I am curious if I will have trouble hearing the HK set up.
Ultra but at times will detach t pak and lose rear speakers

·
Registered
569 Posts
I ran the Vance and Hinze 2 into 1 pro pipe. Nice but you might not be able to really enjoy a stock radio without an amp. I run a Hawg wired speakers and Amp, That is a good set up and caused no problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the pro pipe on my '10 with the boom speakers... wasnt the best, but wasnt too bad either... id suggest atleast swapping over to 6.5's as you will get better sound out of them. I just started swapping out my audio today in my '13 and even just swapping up to a higher grade speaker off the radio is a night and day difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input on the boom speakers, I am joining the stereo game for the first time with my 13 rgu. I put 75k on a r king with no tunes abd this tunage thing is new. I dont have it yet so the unknown factor is killing me as to what I can or cannot hear. I might look further into the amp as you said

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
pro pipes are normal sounding

an amp is in order for sure

there are several model amps $100 to $400 range, and speakers, all sorts

if you PM me I'll tell you my favorites of the moment if you state a budget, it helps.

to me $1/watt seemed reasonable, for everything

reality was, closer to $3/4 watt, and that was reasonable

but you can get started for as little as $200-300

1 - 5 of 5 Posts