Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can see your smile from SW Florida Congrats and hope to see you in Tahoe
Thanks Bob, unfortunately I have just started a new job (thanks COVID) and too new to get the time off in time for Tahoe, I really wanted to check that off my bucket list too. We are really bummed we can't make it! Maybe you can sneak up here for another Meet & Greet at New Glarius for another spotted cow! If, not I am sure not going to miss the 2022 in my back yard...

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Thanks Bob, unfortunately I have just started a new job (thanks COVID) and too new to get the time off in time for Tahoe, I really wanted to check that off my bucket list too. We are really bummed we can't make it! Maybe you can sneak up here for another Meet & Greet at New Glarius for another spotted cow! If, not I am sure not going to miss the 2022 in my back yard...
Hell Yes Man....and this time, your tunes will stay on the WHOLE trip

Congrats Brother - Hope to see ya this season - Seat, Bars and Slips.....the starter package of any new RGS

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great looking bike, That's the color I liked. But don't make it in new RGS. Congrats on the bike. I had an o9 and I bought a New RGS in Snake Venom. I could not believe the difference in the ride and smoothness, power. Have fun on it.😁😁

Reactions: Ickshter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations. Obviously you are blessed with above average two-wheeled acumen - a Belushi icon and quoting Winger, classic.
"Well, I got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it. "
Ride safe.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hell Yes Man....and this time, your tunes will stay on the WHOLE trip

Congrats Brother - Hope to see ya this season - Seat, Bars and Slips.....the starter package of any new RGS
I was more concerned with the rear brakes going out on the way down, but yes, I do need my tunes and have NO idea what to do to these new fangled radio's. Will need speakers for sure and most likely an amp of some sort. I saved up about 5k to do my first round of upgrades. It's a good start!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Will need speakers for sure and most likely an amp of some sort. I saved up about 5k to do my first round of upgrades. It's a good start!
Well, the 2020 Head Unit is IMHO, far superior to the previous Rushmores - Boots Faster and has a integration with the App to load Destinations before you even get on the bike....love that aspect and use it a lot

As for Tunes...I did this and could not be happier - Had it professionally done and was all in for under $1K with parts, install and all - 90 MPH on the Hwy and am 1 notch over half way on the volume and it is damn clear

These will randomly go on sale....got mine for $180 shipped

Not a "Deep Base" speaker but crystal clear at speed

·
Registered
2021 RGL 114
16 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Looks great, got to love a new bike to play with and make your own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. It's a beauty. I also did not like the hydro clutch. I put on a pair of Softbrake reduced reach levers. They are bent an inch closer to the bars so it activates quicker, gives the clutch a more linear feel, and helps with my small hands. I also put on their extended brake lever for the rear brake. It moves the pedal 1 inch forward, lowers the pedal a bit, and changes the pedal angle. All of which made applying the rear brake easier and more comfortable. Mustang, and others, make seats that move you down and further back from the tank and are much more comfortable than that brick covered with leather that Harley puts on the bike.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Congrats on the nice looking ride!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Congratulations on your new scoot!
Iam sure it was quite an adjustment from your 06.....
Many safe miles!!

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,055 Posts
Suspension, rear particularly, and front, then see if you're in a hurry to change anything else. Night and day and inturn, what may feel weird on the garbage suspension will feel like you're feeling with this sweet ride, congrajulashuns!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, I have been circling Sol over 50 years now, in all that time I have never had a "newer" vehicle. Always just found other things to spend money on that never wanted to pull the trigger on the latest, because something just 3 years older was so much cheaper and I had to put 4 kids through College and such... Well, this spring after a tough personal year losing too many friends before they even hit 60, and going to see my second youngest Graduate in 2 weeks from College and my youngest in his 2nd year. I decided I would finally treat myself, with much coaxing from the OL. So on Saturday I pulled the trigger on a '20 RGS River rock gray blacked out. (yea not BRAND new, baby steps) I am totally shocked at the difference from my '06. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole way home (had to go to a dealership 90mi away to find this bike). The bike is pretty much stock, so I am trying to figure out what pipes I am going to go with and what bars. I had 14" apes on the 06 and that was the only thing that really bugged me on the ride home. Also, I feel like I am sitting much more forward on this bike. When my feet rest on the floorboards I am way over the rear brake and had to pull my foot back to apply the brake. Also, I really need to get used to that hydraulic Clutch. I feel like I am relearning how to ride a bike again. Just night and day from the '06.

Would definitely take any suggestions on what to do first. I thought I read here that '20's could take 14" Apes without switching cables, but the dealership sales guy said 12" and the Parts guy said 13". Factory 47 states their signature series will not need to swap cables. I was thinking maybe RCX 4.5 pipes, but they don't have the upslash option and since I finally have extended bags, I gotta follow those lines.

Here's a pic or it didn't happen proof.... Hasn't been a sunny day since I got it. But I LOVE this color! View attachment 425964
Hot dang that’s a sexy glide! Congratulations man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on the bike! Same as mine. Dealer tried to tell me the same thing on the bars, I had mine done by a local shop and they didn’t need to extend the cables, I didn’t want to deal with running the wires myself but they stated I didn’t need to extend the lines in 14” bars. I also have the up slash slip ons to go with the bags, looks great by the way, I got khromewerks myself and I love the sound. Had a nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special - River Rock Gray
28 Posts
I have the same bike, same color, great choice! I just put 14” Factory 47 signature bars on mine over this past weekend, and I can tell you FOR SURE, they fit the 2020 RGS without changing brake and clutch cables. You just have to snip a few zip ties and do a little rerouting but it’s very easy. Also, just like you, I insisted my muffler tips were upswept and followed the line of the bags. I went with the previously mentioned cobra 909 uppercut slip ons, which are great quality for only $360 brand new on eBay. Their fit and finish is great, they sound great, and they’re WAY cheaper than a lot of other options. Here’s a couple pics of the bars and slip ons: DA4E5116-AF3D-45D7-A22E-E0A4791C3AD2.jpeg 99427F04-C824-486C-A244-5D0EC77DA357.jpeg E8D39240-CF13-4AB1-BAB7-279D6A06074C.jpeg C73903AB-D7DB-4324-A072-38CCA600161F.jpeg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Beautiful bike pal, congrats. I also turn 50 this year and treated myself to a 20 RGL a few months back, absolutely love it. As to what to do to it, it depends on what's important to you. Being this is my 3rd bike and I've done the massive stereo upgrades, the engine upgrades, and a ton of other crap. This bike, first thing was a klockwerks windscreen, second was the seat overhauled by MCC tailored to me, 3rd was suspension, front and rear legends. Bike rides like a cloud over the road, music in my wireless bt headset rocks, and yes, I added a vh air cleaner/slipons last. I'll do a cam in about a year when most of my warranty is up, but this time I am putting ass comfort over sounds and engine tq. Enjoy bud.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have the same bike, same color, great choice! I just put 14” Factory 47 signature bars on mine over this past weekend, and I can tell you FOR SURE, they fit the 2020 RGS without changing brake and clutch cables. You just have to snip a few zip ties and do a little rerouting but it’s very easy. Also, just like you, I insisted my muffler tips were upswept and followed the line of the bags. I went with the previously mentioned cobra 909 uppercut slip ons, which are great quality for only $360 brand new on eBay. Their fit and finish is great, they sound great, and they’re WAY cheaper than a lot of other options. Here’s a couple pics of the bars and slip ons:
Looks like how I want mine to be. How loud are those 909's? I am not looking to piss off the neighbors, but love a low growl if I hit it but reasonable at cruising RPM's if that makes sense. Also, is that a LRS windshield? If so, how tall and did the bars interfere with the windshield? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts